Alternator Options?

imelmo

Reaction score
With adding all the accessories I have been I'd like to get a high output alternator on the truck. What are some good options out there and what amperage should I go with? Right now it has a stereo system in it, LED's in the front and rear bumpers, and a few other things. Will be adding cab mounted light bars front and rear and one or two winches soon as well.

I think this is the brand I had on a couple of my previous trucks and they worked well. They have a lot more options available now apparently though, lol: https://www.dcpowerinc.com/high-out...y&year=2003&engine=6.0L+V8+Powerstroke+Diesel

Last edited:

NEVRNF

Reaction score
They have a good product. Only advice is to use a HD charge wire kit. It really helps the life of the alternator in heavy charge situations and provides a better path to the battery.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Recently got my top mount 160 amp from quality power, i know another member on here that ive talk with that actually has some mileage with good results as well. They have bottom mount that go well above 200 amps

Snake

Reaction score
DC Power makes some awesome alternators. Complete overkill, but I'm running the 300SPX.

I've heard a bunch of people complain about back orders and extended wait times......just something to ask them about.

Last edited:

Snake

Reaction score
I wanted 2/0 cable so I made my own, but I don't think I've ever read a complaint about their cables.

imelmo

Reaction score
DC Power makes some awesome alternators. Complete overkill, but I'm running the 300SPX.

I've heard a bunch of people complain about back orders and extended wait times......just something to ask them about.

I had it wrong actually. It was the DB Electric I had before. Just got one in yesterday, putting it on today.