Tranny finally went south....Saved by SunCoast

B.Warning

Reaction score
Well after much abuse my stock tranny finally crapped out. I will say that I was very surprised that it lasted as long as it has. The truck has been tuned and deleted since 8k miles with RCD 585 tune and for more than 6mo with Innovative extreme race tune. And of course all the supporting mods to go with. Ive sled pulled it over 2 dozen times and played around on the drag strip a few times.

Called SunCoast and got there entire rebuild kit plus triple disc convertor, billet input, billet low-reverse hub, billet flex plate, deep pan.

Here's pics...

IMAG0325951312307218677.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0321951312307132098.jpg

cfdeng7

Reaction score
The ride of shame. Lol well glad to see your getting it all back together better than it was

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1312309464098.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312309464098.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 58

B.Warning

Reaction score
The ride of shame. Lol well glad to see your getting it all back together better than it was

Go ahead and laugh. That old dodge is the best truck i've ever owned. It gets the hell beat out of it and its guts pulled out of it every day. 350k miles and still going strong. I'd really like to see these new trucks last that long with zero motor work and only a clutch, big input, and 5th gear fix.

But I see what your saying, since this is a ford site and all.

My tranny guy says it will be done by the end of the week so I'll see what a built auto feels like.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Gotta love forced upgrades. So what exactly happened? Did it go bang? Lol and how many miles do you have on the truck now?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Go ahead and laugh. That old dodge is the best truck i've ever owned. It gets the hell beat out of it and its guts pulled out of it every day. 350k miles and still going strong. I'd really like to see these new trucks last that long with zero motor work and only a clutch, big input, and 5th gear fix.

But I see what your saying, since this is a ford site and all.

My tranny guy says it will be done by the end of the week so I'll see what a built auto feels like.

I was just busting balls we all have chit break and have to do what we have to do to fix it. And 350k with no issues can't beat that

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I'm hoping mine lasts through abuse. although mine won't see a sled for a long while..

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk while smacking cummings owners in the 6 whore

B.Warning

Reaction score
Gotta love forced upgrades. So what exactly happened? Did it go bang? Lol and how many miles do you have on the truck now?
Tell me about it. I was sled pulling at the local fair and after the run on my way home I noticed the convertor was slipping pretty bad and wouldnt lock up like normal. The next day I was on my way to the farm and my little brother had his restored Z28 out and was toying around with it. He wanted to race as I was passing him and when I put it to the floor the truck down shiffted and bang...broke the input shaft.

The truck has 56k miles on it now.

I was just busting balls we all have chit break and have to do what we have to do to fix it. And 350k with no issues can't beat that

I know man. Just giving it back. The ford has treated me pretty good, but that old dodge has surpassed what I thought it would do.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Tell me about it. I was sled pulling at the local fair and after the run on my way home I noticed the convertor was slipping pretty bad and wouldnt lock up like normal. The next day I was on my way to the farm and my little brother had his restored Z28 out and was toying around with it. He wanted to race as I was passing him and when I put it to the floor the truck down shiffted and bang...broke the input shaft.

The truck has 56k miles on it now.

I know man. Just giving it back. The ford has treated me pretty good, but that old dodge has surpassed what I thought it would do.

Did it bind up on the downshift?

David S.

Reaction score
whatd that rebuild kit cost you? I've got a suncoast triple disc installed right now, but want to build up my internals

B.Warning

Reaction score
Did it bind up on the downshift?
that's the only thing I could think of. Possibly something was already broke from the night before and a hard downshift caused something to get in a bind.

whatd that rebuild kit cost you? I've got a suncoast triple disc installed right now, but want to build up my internals
If I remember correctly it was $980 for the kit.

Members online

No members online now.