New Tow Pig Project

imelmo

Reaction score
I picked up this '03 6.0 F350 XLT dually for $1450 including tax and title with a blown oil cooler. :D

Original plan was to pull the drivetrain and wiring/computers out to use on the Fordota then get all the door guts and wiring harness to swap pl/pw/pm into ZMBYKLR. Then I was just gonna strip it and sell the rest.

After looking at the truck closer though I just don't have the heart to strip it. It's in a good bit better condition than I thought it was. So I'm gonna pull all the drivetrain and stuff for the Fordota like I originally was, but then I'm probably gonna swap a 12 valve in it and use it as a tow pig.

Here's a couple pics from us picking it up:

null_zpsd12973dd.jpg

null_zpsecd6f7f9.jpg

imelmo

Reaction score
That's a smokin deal. Any problems aside from the oil cooler?

I was told no other issues but won't know for sure until I get all the crap out of it and run it. I figure at that price it didn't really matter though. I could sell the rest of the stuff and make my money back pretty easily.

imelmo

Reaction score
Bigrpowr loves the paint. He already nicknamed it Sherbert. LOL

JMart

Reaction score
You know you are keeping it just because of that snazzy paint job.

David N

Reaction score
If only you could have pulled us and my blown up truck from Hammond back to your house with that! LOL

Matt

Reaction score
Nice find! I want to find and do pretty much the exact same except a regular cab.

jdc753

Reaction score
dang that is a good deal, sherbert paint n all.

Do you still have the white dually or is this going to replace that one?

and what is this Fordota project that you are talking about. sounds like some ancient history thing we would hear about on Ancient Aliens LOL

imelmo

Reaction score
dang that is a good deal, sherbert paint n all.

Do you still have the white dually or is this going to replace that one?

We still have that one but it was moved to strictly a work truck after my "incident" due to insurance.

and what is this Fordota project that you are talking about. sounds like some ancient history thing we would hear about on Ancient Aliens LOL

b9e25370.jpg

jdc753

Reaction score
I found this post circa 1711AD

WTF...
1/4 of the active population of the site probably has no clue what it is or that it ever almost existed...

And now I can't even find pictures...

Will be cool to see some progress on it. Fordota had some ties to your father right? I thought there was some sentimental value in the project and not just another vehicle build like the Punisher or the 300.

Last edited:

imelmo

Reaction score
Will be cool to see some progress on it. Fordota had some ties to your father right? I thought there was some sentimental value in the project and not just another vehicle build like the Punisher or the 300.

Yeah, my Grandpa left me the truck.

Latest posts

Members online