Hole in Fuel Cooler Radiator

OKState

Reaction score
I've had this truck for about 4 months now and just recently pulled the codes using the H&S Mini Maxx and found the P008C code. Looked at the coolant reservoir and no fluid! I thought maybe it was just never checked and ran empty for a while. Bought a new pump and go to put it in tonight. Pulled the radiator off and found that the tab on the right side of the radiator in the middle and the bracket it slides into were bent back enough to let the radiator rub on the brackets for the cooler that is behind it. It rubbed through three of the tubes on the radiator. I guess I know where the coolant went now. Forgot to get pictures of the holes in the radiator. I will get some when I try to get it fixed tomorrow.

FuelCoolerRadiator.jpg

OKState

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the holes in the back of the radiator.

hole.jpg

Nobody in town was willing to try and weld it up so I did a little JB Weld for a temporary fix. We shall see how long this lasts. Just have to keep an eye on it.

jbweld.jpg

Going to start looking at salvage yards for a wrecked truck that didn't get hit in the front. Ford wants $160 for a new one.

OKState

Reaction score
It looked like maybe somebody leaned into it when the hood was up. That aluminum tab and the side is very flimsy. I bent it back by hand with no effort at all.

Latest posts

Members online