Manual tranny guys using mcc

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Not sure if there are any manual transmission guys running mcc on here. But i've been doing some more testing with mcc and found some cool stuff on limiters. I found rpm limiter threshold 3 is the neutral rev limiter. So if you have a manual transmission you can set the rpm you want and just put it to the floor. And it will hold that rpm till the clutch is released then goes full fuel. Might help some of you guys out with launching. Seems to work quite well on our 450 shop truck. Just thought I would share.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I found its a little touchy. If the shifter itself is in neutral, the limiter hits whether the clutch is in or out. But as soon as the shifter is in a gear it only limits while the clutch is in. I also found it takes very little clutch movement and it instantly full revs. So be careful with it. Should make launching at the track alot easier though once its figured out.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Well I don't drag my truck, but I would like to do it a time or two just to see what it does. But is also nice to know what each table does/affects. I still cant figure why there are so many tables for injection quantity. Configuration 0,1,2,3,4 temp 0,1,2,3. Kinda blows my mind really haha

B585Ford

Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I don't ever drag my truck either, but it nice to learn what another parameter means. I will be helpful in case I ever get lined up at a light with Dmax or Cummins!!!LOL So if I am understanding you correctly, this would work to power shift as long as you pushed the clutch all the way in when you shifted?

Latest posts

Members online