Puking Coolant?

Reaction score
I have heard from numerous people about the 6.4's puke coolant every now and then. I just hvae never thought about it until I got mine back the other day and my mechanic said that he added some more coolant. My question is what causes the 6.4 to puke coolant and what is the most noticable thing you can feel while driving the truck if this happens.

greasltn

Reaction score
Most common are headgaskets or egr cooler. You most likely will not feel anything while driving, but if you look under the hood and see white residue on the degas bottle, you are puking.

BFT

Reaction score
how low was it when your mechanic filled it up?

it depends, getting it real hot will do it, maybe blown headgasket (which isnt always the case).

you really dont notice a difference aside from coolant in your driver side fenderwell and white residue on your degas bottle.

but if you are losing coolant it maybe crack radiator (there have been a few) you can normally tell if you see wet on the lower radiator hose.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I dont know how low it was when he filled it up I think it was just more of a precautionary step to take since it has been in the high 90's the past two weeks. I havent seen any leaks on my truck anywhere or anything I was just curious to what would cause it and how you could tell what it was.

Thanks guys

sledfreak

Reaction score
I heard that their is a re-cerk hose under the degras bottle that the factory clamp is insufficient and leaks under load.Might be worth checking out.Also their is a up-dated upper radiator hose cause the old one seeps coolant and is hard to detect.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online