Ev2 boost gauge problem

RiVerBum01

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with my ev2 boost gauge. It tends to jump up in 1/3psi increments when accelerating normally. When I really get in the throttle the gauge smooths out. I deleted the air intake heater and replaced it with the boost sencer. Also have no boost leaks that I know of. I have my egt, trans temp and boost all daisy chained together and the others 2 work perfect. I've checked all the connections and moved my ground wire to a few different locations with no luck. Anybody else have any problems like this? Any ideas on what to check next?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'm working with Michael on this issue, but Isspro is closed this week.

I installed an EV-2 gauge this weekend and I will do some messing around to see if I can duplcate the issue.

David N

Reaction score
Ive had mine for over 3 years, and the boost gauge has always done it. Sometimes it "zeros" out at 5, or 10, or something like that. But it really doesn't bother me. Whatever it tops out, I just add that number to it. LOL

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Please let me know when you guys have issues like this. It looks to be a programing issue in the gauge, but I've bugged Michael again today to look at this.

I've just started a new job and am burred. That being said I am continuing to work to get this fixed.

I currently have an EV-2 boost gauge installed to try and duplicate the issue, have not been able to yet.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
It happens upon start up and up to 15-20 minutes of drive time. Around 30* here

David N

Reaction score
I didnt know you wanted us to Joe?

Next time mine does it I'll try to get a video if Im not in traffic.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
If you guys ever have an issue, let's get it fixed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Michael

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with my ev2 boost gauge. It tends to jump up in 1/3psi increments when accelerating normally. When I really get in the throttle the gauge smooths out. I deleted the air intake heater and replaced it with the boost sencer. Also have no boost leaks that I know of. I have my egt, trans temp and boost all daisy chained together and the others 2 work perfect. I've checked all the connections and moved my ground wire to a few different locations with no luck. Anybody else have any problems like this? Any ideas on what to check next?
Does yours appear to show the correct boost level, but otherwise is just "notchy" in its movement? If so, that is normal for the stepper motor gauges. I'm hoping to free up some software engineering time to work on some smoother algorithms. In the past every time we tried smoothing things out it resulted in losing position when moving fast. I think we can improve things though if we get a little bit creative.

This is what mines doing. Its been in the truck a few days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGKqjwSzIvs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nws for language. Lol
LOL, good thing nobody was in the conference room next to my office (my sound was turned way up to hear the engine)! That looks like it might be a bad sensor. Please PM me your mailing address and I'll have a replacement sent.

Ive had mine for over 3 years, and the boost gauge has always done it. Sometimes it "zeros" out at 5, or 10, or something like that. But it really doesn't bother me. Whatever it tops out, I just add that number to it. LOL

So when it happens it only drops to that 5 or 10 position instead of going all the way to zero? Sounds like a bad stepper motor. If you have any other EV2 gauges to match, I may need to get your gauge back and install a new motor in it (we have changed dials in the last couple of years).

David N

Reaction score
Yessir thats what it does. It doesn't do it all the time, and I don't think it has done it has done it a while. But I don't drive my truck very much anymore.

If you really want it back, I can send it to you next time it does it. I bought them new, but that was over 3 years ago.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yessir thats what it does. It doesn't do it all the time, and I don't think it has done it has done it a while. But I don't drive my truck very much anymore.

If you really want it back, I can send it to you next time it does it. I bought them new, but that was over 3 years ago.

If you can be without it for a week or so send it into Michael with a note about this thread.

If you need a loaner let me know, I think I have a boost gauge or two somewhere that are older EV-2.

RiVerBum01

Reaction score
Does yours appear to show the correct boost level, but otherwise is just "notchy" in its movement? If so, that is normal for the stepper motor gauges. I'm hoping to free up some software engineering time to work on some smoother algorithms. In the past every time we tried smoothing things out it resulted in losing position when moving fast. I think we can improve things though if we get a little bit creative.

As far as I know it's the correct boost level. I have 3.73 gears, and 305-55-20, I usually run about 2lbs of boost going 55-60. WOT I hit 26lbs with tyrants 100hp street tune.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'm not sure what Michael is up to right now. Most times when I request his help its Jonny on the spot. Still working on these guys...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I got new sender unit in the mail, but it'll be another week or so until I can install it

Michael

Reaction score

What color (dial, pointer and bezel) and range is the boost gauge? I can see if I have a reconditioned one around and swap you out so you aren't without one.

As far as I know it's the correct boost level. I have 3.73 gears, and 305-55-20, I usually run about 2lbs of boost going 55-60. WOT I hit 26lbs with tyrants 100hp street tune.
I have seen some sensors start to give erratic outputs as they are getting close to failing, we could try sending you out a replacement sensor. If you want to try that please PM me your mailing address.

RiVerBum01

Reaction score
What color (dial, pointer and bezel) and range is the boost gauge? I can see if I have a reconditioned one around and swap you out so you aren't without one.

I have seen some sensors start to give erratic outputs as they are getting close to failing, we could try sending you out a replacement sensor. If you want to try that please PM me your mailing address.

Pm sent

RiVerBum01

Reaction score
Installed the new sensor today. The sensor looked as though it had been installed before, guessing that you guys tested it before shipping. Now I'm getting 4lbs of boost idling, it shows 30 lbs of boost at wot, and is still jumpy . I'll be sending this sensor back and installing the old one. Not sure what's going on but I'm tired of messing with it. Thanks for sending the sensor so quick and trying to figure out the problem. No hard feelings.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I have a problem with my fuel pressure gauge, and trans. temp. gauge. Currently exchanging emails with Micheal in hopes of fixing the issues.

I really like how well these gauges match the interior of my truck, and loved my EV1's. But I have to say, I'm not overly impressed with the EV2's at this point. Hopefully the issues can be worked out.

Latest posts

Members online