Lowered 2wd question(s)

RedSmokey

Reaction score
On trucks using the DJM lowering I-beams, are new shocks needed? Or is the shock length the same as stock shocks?

rat49f6

Reaction score
I ran stock shocks on my 3/5 djm drop and it handled like a dream

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I ran stock shocks on my 3/5 djm drop and it handled like a dream

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Yes new shocks are needed

Any place that sells djm products.

Well, you got me wondering as I have never heard of DJM selling shocks, i started doing some research and DJM's site came up on my search. Found this...

to save the customer some money, DJM has engineered the kit so that replacing the front stock shocks is not necessary.

http://www.djmsuspension.com/Articles new/04f-250superduty.html

Looks like the DJM drop is designed to use stock length front shocks. Where did you hear different?

budro

Reaction score
I have been running DJM CalShocks since the install. Love them.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
They are called djm cal max or something like that. With all my trucks that I've dropped I've always replaced the shocks. It's also recommended to do so. Check stylin trucks, they should have them.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I have been running DJM CalShocks since the install. Love them.

Thanks for the info! Where did you get them and what was the cost if you dont mind me asking?

They are called djm cal max or something like that. With all my trucks that I've dropped I've always replaced the shocks. It's also recommended to do so. Check stylin trucks, they should have them.

Ahhh, thanks! I was planning do change the shocks if/when I lower it as I always do also... Was just trying to figure out if the shock length was different or not and where to get new shocks if it shorter. I will check stylin trucks, that is where I would probably be getting Beams anyways. Thanks for the info!

budro

Reaction score
I got all my DJM parts separately, some used, but the shocks were new from stylinconcepts. It's the third set of shocks, including factory, and by far the best quality.

JMart

Reaction score
I went with the DJM set up on the rear. Not to impressed with them. I still have the monroe's up front that were on the truck when i got it. Havent got around to replacing them yet. I bought a set of Toxic (made by procomp) shocks to put up front but havent installed them.

You could run just about any stock shock up front. The only thing that changes is the amount of travel before the wheels hit the fender and the position of the wheels on the end of the beam.

If you have good shocks up font now, keep them.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
Shock length when lowering doesn't really matter unless your doing somethin like rat. The only difference really like jmart said is your down travel distance when you suspension is moving around. Now you can buy shocks that are valved differently. When i lowered my old frontier i ran stock shocks for the longest time and it was stiffer than solid steel. Come to find out from a friend most shocks are a progressive style valveing as in the lower its pushed and how hard its pushed kinda determined how the shocked responded. I bought some shocks from jegs, can't remember the brand. Think they were moroso 80/20's, they were stock length but were valved and set up for a 80% up travel and 20% down travel. Made a huge difference.

SoCalPsd-Corey

Last edited: