?? on trans tuning

Stroked777

Reaction score
i been messing around mostly with the engine files tweaking them a little here and there but wanna get into the trans now, whats some common things people do to the S2M file to make it a better file? line line pressures firm shifts, quicker shifts and different shift points anmd stuff like that

Dzchey21

Reaction score
All depends on what you are wanting. I usually mess with one shift at a time since they all seem to work together. Also part throttle lock up really effects how it drives

Stroked777

Reaction score
im new to the trans side of the tuning, havent really loioked at it til today, what are some common stuff i would change on the S2M file, i like firm shifts and the 2nd lock up if i was to punch it just like matts trans files im running, i am in no way saying i wanna copy his file, i just wanna start messing around with the trans

Dzchey21

Reaction score
so then go to torque converter lock up second gear in hot mode and you will notice that the mph is in the part you can change, throttle position is along the top up to 1020 which is full throttle, if you want to lock up earlier lower the mph at higher throttle position, if you want it to basically lock no matter what at that speed lower it very low to so 10mph so no matter what if you go full throttle it locks up.

As far as the shift firmness you can up line pressure for that shift or you can SHORTEN the shift time for that shift, generally i do 10% at a time and go try it, and line pressure i dont mess with too much because the solenoids can physically do so much

Stroked777

Reaction score
qwrj.jpg

do the shift firmness look good to you? especially the 3-4? nd how much more can i firm up the shifts? i tryed this tune for a while and it felt soft to me

Dzchey21

Reaction score
when i firm mine up i always do it by percent

so i highlight basically the whole thing, and multiply it by .80 to get it 20 percent firmer

From the looks of it you can go 20 percent right off the bat and see how it feels

Stroked777

Reaction score
Ok I'll try that. Is there any reason that the 3-4 shift has a lot higher numbers than the rest? And to firm it up you add 20% correct

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It's because that's a binding shift so if you go too much you will make the intermediate have allot of stress.

Think of slip time as the longer the time the more slip or the softer the shift

to firm it up you need to shorten the shift time

Cknox121

Reaction score
To go complete opposite direction, I would like to lower the firmness of the 3-4 shift. It bangs hard since the built trans. Should I lower the 3-4 shift 20% and try it?

Cknox121

Reaction score
You could try lowering the firmness or maybe line pressure in the lower throttle ranges.

To lower it I need to multiply correct? Not sure if I higher value means more or less. I just highlighted the whole sheet multiplied by .80

Should I do all the shifts? I only did the 3-4 shift.

ckrueg

Reaction score
To lower it I need to multiply correct? Not sure if I higher value means more or less. I just highlighted the whole sheet multiplied by .80

Should I do all the shifts? I only did the 3-4 shift.
Well for line pressure yes you would lower the values but for slip time you raise those by multiplying by 1.2. I don't know if you should do all the shifts, I'm not an expert but I would start with just the extra hard shifts

Cknox121

Reaction score
Well for line pressure yes you would lower the values but for slip time you raise those by multiplying by 1.2. I don't know if you should do all the shifts, I'm not an expert but I would start with just the extra hard shifts

Thank. I was doing it wrong then :(

So lowering line pressure and raising slip time should smooth up the banging in the 3-4 shift?

Cknox121

Reaction score
Yes it should. Just make sure you don't go so far so it slips.

Im going to multiply it by 1.2 and try it, then again if its still to firm.

I dropped line pressure down 20% and will keep decreasing till it feels better.