2008 f350 cc sound system options

pog

Reaction score
Ford F250 04-09 W/ Back Powered Window Sub Box Enclosure - 2X10FORD-250-350-CREW-PW
Hey guys, anybody got any experience with this company? Box seems cheap and quality enough to get the job done. I am looking to do the MTX TT651004 subs and Alpine Type S speakers in the door. AMP for subs is up in air right now. I am open to other options, I wanted to run a single but i cant find a good price for a single box. I dont know much about sound stuff so guide me away boys. I am totally happy with the stock system but just want some more bass. Are sub boxes drilled into the floor? i wanna make it easy as possible to remove if i ever need the room. i drive an 08 f350 cc.

Thanks Guys

TripleE44

Reaction score
If I were doing anything with my truck for extra bass, it'd be the JL Stealthbox.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1596

I know what you're thinking. What is an 8'' woofer really going to do? I'd be willing to bet it'd do more than you think. My sister had a stealthbox in her old camaro with one 10''. It hit as hard as my 2 12''s in my last f150 in a huge console box. I think it's because they make the boxes perfect for the subs then match them with the amps that are the best fit.

My f150 had so many things going wrong with it with blowing subs and shutting off and all that stuff that I've been turned off to doing anything on my truck now. But this, to me, is the cleanest and best method. Unless you're wanting to win sound off competitions it's all you're probably going to need.

If you don't want to go this route, why not check a local stereo shop to make a box custom? It's not that expensive. I used to work in the same shop as one and they usually perform better than the pre-fabbed ones just because they can figure what the optimal air space is for your specific sub. Also, even if you go this route, look at 8'' woofers too. That shop I was talking about did 3 in a superduty once and it was amazing how well they did on everything but rap. Still decent on rap, but other music was very impressive, and they generally cost less.

pog

Reaction score
i dont wanna give up my center console. i like that massive hole. im an old man when it comes to listening to music. i know the high end stuff is way better and offers untouchable sound quality by the reg.mtx type brands. but i have a budget i wanna stick to. trying to keep the complete system minus deck under 5-600 bucks. i appreciate your input. thanks. maybe down the road ill get a stealth box when i need more boom.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I'd still say look into the 8'' woofers if you're an old man when it comes to music. As far as rock music and that type of thing, they're the best IMO. Many other company's make them, and they'll save you some space and money. I don't know what the new crew cabs are like, but that stereo shop was able to fit 3 behind the seat of an older crew cab SD. That would be ideal for you to not have to give up room. They don't require the airspace of 10''s generally either, so you aren't squeezing them into somewhere where they really don't fit.

09stroker

Reaction score
He's right. I have two 8" Rockford P2's and they sound good. They fit behind my rear seat, just had to trim the back carpet. Very easy on the wallet too!

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
My shallow 10" cvt sounds like two are there. I just need to do rework my box to fit a solo baric in.
3404826c.png

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Really nice quality, all fiberglass, JL engineered for the 13TW5. I have it and the console stealth box sitting in my spare room just haven't installed them yet. I recommend it.

My buddy runs the same setup and it sounds great!