GQSSB Install

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
a Big thanks goes out to JDub for this turbo. What an awesome upgrade from the lil ol 38R.

Goodbye 38R!

DSCF7524.jpg

DSCF7525.jpg

New mount installed

DSCF7526.jpg

Turbo and Intake Spider in

DSCF7527.jpg

PAssenger side IC Tube

DSCF7528.jpg

Completed Install!!! I will get a better pic. I was able to use my complete Intake system from my TYMAR, except need to use a 22* bent 4" pipe. fought with that for an hour trying to figure it out.

DSCF7529.jpg

DSCF7531.jpg

DSCF7532.jpg

Also, got it running, and it ran like dog sh*t. I was stumped. should have known right away, but didnt unfortunately. Anyway, tried a few different things. Anyway, was about to give up for the night, and Dale at TYMAR was going to give me a ride home when Jacob called me back. I had text him the symptoms, and he said, "What did you do?" I replied with, All i did was swap turbos!!" He said, is there a Valve cover harness disconnected?" I said, " I dont think so, but will check" "Holy sh*t, drivers side VC Harness was completely out!" Its amazing how easy those things can get knocked loose. Truck runs great. Built about 34psi immediately on an easy run getting onto the highway. So was driving home and truck was cruising at 0 PSI of boost, which was really weird because i could tell it was building boost. Once i got home, check the boost line and it melted in half. Broke the zip tie holding it during the install and didnt realize it, and it fell on the turbo and melted. easy fix.

Overall my impressions with this turbo are very good, i definitely love it, less whistle and seems to have much more top end. Will drive it some more tomorrow.

Anyway, Jacob, i cant thank you enough, this was a fun day.

And another huge Thanks to Greg)(DeputyDog for coming out and giving me a hand, it was good to have you there for some of the bigger part of the job, and thanks for lunch also!

Fuel system will be coming, i am waiting on an AIrdog 2, and oil is in my future, just dont know when. Being a homeowner, the funds arent quite there for everything

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Deputy dog sold me his injectors. thats how I have my stage 2s. nice guy :)
Good looking install. Thats an H2E right? whos tuning you running?

Yes, Greg is a good guy, one of my best friends. No it is a WOP GQSSB with the Hypermax mount tho. I am runnign Cale's Tunes from Tyrant Diesel

Thanks Greg