Need some info on Ohio!

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Hey guys, So pending a job offer I may be moving to central Ohio (Marysville) to be more specific. I was recently flown there for an interview and didn't mind the area other than it was startling to see no mountains! My questions are as follows:
1. I really enjoy riding motocross and using my Polaris RZR, what kind of motocross tracks are there (are they easily accessible?) and what kind of riding is there for my RZR XP (it's 64 inches wide), I prefer open terrain that isn't super tree'd in for riding the RZR and I'm not really big into mud.
2. I know there is a good diesel following in Ohio, where is the highest percent of events in the state held? Would I be fairly local to any of them? I feel like I would make the most friends through those events and would like to continue my passion for diesel motorsports.
3. I know I can look up these next few things, but I would like an insiders view point... What is the housing market like? I.E. what kind of square footage and age of home can you buy for say $250,000? Also, what is the cost of living like? Are there any expenses that occur out there that I wouldn't be aware of?

Thank you so much for the help in advance, this is a huge decision for me and I just want to gather as much knowledge as possible before making the move if I choose to!

Gunnnin

Reaction score
To answer some of your questions,

Not really sure about the motorcross stuff as its really a local thing. Im from the southeastern part of the state about 1 1/2 hours away from Marysville. We do lots of trail riding and mud bogging in my area. You'll be right in the heart of most of the diesel events in ohio.

I know Mink would be alot more local to the area you are looking at. You might try to message him, however I know he's rather busy with the passing of Danny Toops.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply! I was going to message Mink, but didn't want to bother him in light of the recent loss he has suffered.

I'm going to try and look into motocross clubs and see what I can find! Once again thank you for the info.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
Look up Ohio diesel network online or on Facebook. That's the main diesel club in the state

eng53ine

Reaction score
Pretty much what was stated above lot of riding in these parts I know of the mx in nelsonville and maybe millfield I think I'm sure there's more a lot of hare scrambles in my area, as well as poker runs and $250k would buy a nice house in this area. I'm in SE Athens county

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637,zoodad

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
There are a lot of trails in southern ohio. Look up wayne national forest. Not sure if they allow side x sides or not. But I know there is quite a large system of ATV trails. Would be an hour or so drive from Marysville area.

You will be able to get a nice place for 250k. I have a 2700 square foot house, 40x60 barn on 5 wooded acres and I am into it for less than that.

Diesel groups are big around here. Plenty of good guys you could get along with.

I'm guessing Honda?

MINK

Reaction score
I'm in Plain City/London, I travel to Marysville often and have many friends there. Plenty of local motorcross places to enjoy a dirt Bike. As far as trail riding goes; southern Ohio, Northern West Virginia, Kentucky, Central Michigan all have great places to bring the Razr out and all are with in reasonable traveling distance.

Central Ohio is great when it comes to hobbies, you will be less than a hour away from 80% of the major truck pulls, Minutes away from the local drag strip (MICR), about 30 minutes from Columbus and not to mention a short drive from acouple of the best Lakes in Central Ohio for pleasure boating/ summer recreation.

The diesel following is huge, Toops performance along with Firepunk diesel are around a 30 minute drive and what I would consider the more popular shops on the west side of Columbus....we are all close and enjoy traveling to many of the events together which really speaks for this great sport also.

HotRodTractor (Jason) lives in Mingo which is about 20 minutes outside of Marysville and is a OK guy I guess ;).

Shoot me a text or give me a call for anymore info, I also have some realtor conections and am very aware of the housing market in the area.

Josh Mink
614-270-7460

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
There are a lot of trails in southern ohio. Look up wayne national forest. Not sure if they allow side x sides or not. But I know there is quite a large system of ATV trails. Would be an hour or so drive from Marysville area.

You will be able to get a nice place for 250k. I have a 2700 square foot house, 40x60 barn on 5 wooded acres and I am into it for less than that.

Diesel groups are big around here. Plenty of good guys you could get along with.

I'm guessing Honda?

Honda indeed. Thank you for the reply!

I'm in Plain City/London, I travel to Marysville often and have many friends there. Plenty of local motorcross places to enjoy a dirt Bike. As far as trail riding goes; southern Ohio, Northern West Virginia, Kentucky, Central Michigan all have great places to bring the Razr out and all are with in reasonable traveling distance.

Central Ohio is great when it comes to hobbies, you will be less than a hour away from 80% of the major truck pulls, Minutes away from the local drag strip (MICR), about 30 minutes from Columbus and not to mention a short drive from acouple of the best Lakes in Central Ohio for pleasure boating/ summer recreation.

The diesel following is huge, Toops performance along with Firepunk diesel are around a 30 minute drive and what I would consider the more popular shops on the west side of Columbus....we are all close and enjoy traveling to many of the events together which really speaks for this great sport also.

HotRodTractor (Jason) lives in Mingo which is about 20 minutes outside of Marysville and is a OK guy I guess ;).

Shoot me a text or give me a call for anymore info, I also have some realtor conections and am very aware of the housing market in the area.

Josh Mink
614-270-7460

Mink, I really appreciate that reply, it helped put my nervs at ease a good bit. I really don't want to be there entirely for work ya know? I want to make sure that I can still enjoy time away from work like I do here in Utah. I'm sure I would be spending plenty of time at Toops Performance and Firepunk if I move out. It's also nice too see that I would have a good place to make some friends. I will send you a text sometime soon man, thank you again!

I use to work for Honda in marrysville. I'll be moving back around that area In 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you like working for Honda? What was your position there? Are you going back to Ohio because you enjoyed it there, or for work? Thanks man!

I'm not too far away. tons of riding over here. we ride with around 30 sxs every weekend

Eric@HoldersDiesel

Awesome, I forgot how close you were to Ohio! I know you ride a good amount of muddy trails though, I'm so used to being able to just spray dust off my machine! haha. Have you sold your 900XP yet?

A big thanks to everyone that has replied too, I really appreciate it and I can tell that if I move out I will have a good friend base just in the diesel community and that is an awesome feeling.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Awesome, I hate cleaning mud off the RZR its the worst! haha. I got my 900 sold a few months back and picked up the 1000 at the end of October, I'm super impressed with the machine.

eng53ine

Reaction score
When you hit mud in my parts it's a scrub job damned ol red clay covered my truck in the crap today

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637,zoodad

Reaction score
Plenty of abandoned railroad beds, Waffle Houses, and Walmarts around here. Don't forgot Madriver Mtn, Indian ocean, Delaware reservior. Black Wing Shooting center and Logan county fish n game.

Latest posts

Members online