turbo problem

2006nytro

Reaction score
got a question. today my turbo started makeing a grinding sound so i pulled the intake and grabed the turbo wheel and it moves about 1/2 inch in and out. and up and down alittle bit.. my question is will just a turbo rebuild kit fix my problem?

bigbadford01

Reaction score
Well if that is the case dustin you souldnt have been hotdogin the truck all over the place. like your buddy said.... crap or get off the pot.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
got a question. today my turbo started makeing a grinding sound so i pulled the intake and grabed the turbo wheel and it moves about 1/2 inch in and out. and up and down alittle bit.. my question is will just a turbo rebuild kit fix my problem?

A rebiuld kit should fix it right up. DO NOT operate it anymore, so you dont cause anymore damage with that much play.

2006nytro

Reaction score
ok ive been priceing turbos. i still dont know what im going to do its ether a stock rebuild or a 38r still on the fence.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
All that is, is a modded stock turbo. Which you could do to yours without buying a whole new turbo. My buddys 2000 7.3 has a ported housing, that he then polished the inside himself. And it made a great difference. He runs Stage 2's and custom tuning and his modded stocker works great with that combo. And he did not pay no $1400 bucks either.

Depending on what you want to do with your truck, mod wise, in the future; if I were you I would rebiuld your stocker, then go from there. Again thats just what I would do, its your money.

Latest posts

Members online