Liquid Cooled Turbo Options

wint

Reaction score
Just wanting to know my options for a liquid cooled turbo. I know the 4202 is a option but is there any thing smaller than that?

samoht517

Reaction score
GT3076R is a 57 t3. GT3582R is a 61.4. GT4294R is a 70.3mm t4. GT4202R is a 74.7 t4. Those are a couple garrets that I found. Borg Warner makes them but I couldnt find my way around there catalog

wint

Reaction score
Hmm i might investigate the GT4294R. Thanks for the info! Anyone else with some insight?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
What about lubrication????

thats what im wondering about too

I would assume that you know that turbos requre oil no matter what.

The main reason ball bearing turbo require water is because they have a tiny orifice on the inlet of the turbo that restricts oil flow. This makes the oil not able to carry the heat away from the center section as well so they add water lines to help carry more of the heat away.

Caterpillar turbos, even small 58mm turbos have water running to them, i assume that its because the machines that they are on run almost full boost all day long, so they need to take the heat out of the center section even on journal bearing turbos. My s510 is water cooled and journal bearing, im going to utilize the water just for safety but i dont really think im going to need it.

wint

Reaction score
Well heck I wasn't aware that they still had oil lines to them. Are the lines a lower pressure? Id like to tinker with my own custom mount. I was under the assumption that water cooled turbos weren't oiled but now that I think of it, it doesn't make since :doh:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
they are lower pressure than HPOP lines, but they still have to withstand 100 psi or a little less.

wint

Reaction score
Hmm. Well ill have to rethink things i guess then. Im not excited to spend over a grand just to mount a turbo, might have to though...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.