Blue main gauges

Duradan

Reaction score
I have the Cobalt gauges from Auto meter, and my stereo deck is blue, and I hate how the main gauges dont match!

Is there anyway I can tear the main gauges out and put different backlights in? just curious if anyone has done this

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
yea its on the backside doesnt take much, if it was me a would go get a set to do it on then to swap it out one night and if ya mess up your still good to go

Duradan

Reaction score
Can anyone describe or tell me how to pull the gauge cluster out cleanly? I dont wanna screw up the dash...

And will scraping the clean coloring off be hard? will it look tacky? any pictures from anyone who has done this?

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Before you go to the trouble of peeling the gauge faces off and scraping the green off, throw the blue LED's in and see how it looks.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Good point Chase.

I've considered doing this to mine. I originally had the overlays like CP sells in an old truck but but a gauge bezel cover over it to break up all the white. They didn't fit super well (this was 7 years ago so maybe they have better fitment now) and at around dawn or dusk, they were VERY hard for me to see.

I like the black (stock) look now. But my Alpine radio/deck has blue lights as does the DB x-monitor gauge. So I am thinking of going to a blue light on the insturment cluster as well as the climate control to match. Another thing that's subtley custom.

Duradan

Reaction score
the cluster is out right now, tearing the gauges apart, taking lots of pictures and will do a good write up on this... this is NOT for an inexperience mechanic... I figured this would be an easy project but it is not! to get the green overlay's out you have to tear the gauges all the way apart!!!

Duradan

Reaction score
gauges are all re-calibrated, and the green film is gone (used a screwdriver to scrape it away and some emery cloth to clean it up)... LED's will be here tomorrow

strokefreak

Reaction score
cant wait to see this!!!! my stereo and all the accessories are blue lit. all i need is the dash now!!!!! waiting...........:popcorn:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.