New HPOP oil lines....wtf?

stroker2

Reaction score
Got new hpop oil lines from pure diesel power and the new lines didn't come with the threaded fittings. I guess the old ones have to some how make their way onto the new ones? And how? thanks

neverkickn

Reaction score
There is a tool that you use to seperate the fittings from the hose. It is like a u shaped piece of flat metal. I made one with a chisel. Just hogged out the middle until the slot was large enough to get around the tube fitting.

The objective is to push the rubber collar on the hose and the fitting in opposite directions.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
i removed my rubber collars during removal, no need for them. i wasnt able to slide the clips down to pull the lines off.

V-Ref

Reaction score
6 bucks at NAPA

Works like a champ....thanks to a tip from 907Dave!

i-7Z6KDfq.jpg

CGMKCM

Reaction score
I changed mine last week. Make sure the hose connectors get put on all they way, especially the one behind all of the fuel lines. If not it really makes a mess!

Another thing I learned was there is a possibility of partially unplugging the wire harness that feeds the valve cover on the drivers side. If it does get partially unplugged, the engine will run like crap.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
well i have tried all this and still no luck. cant believe i payed 275 bucks for these dam things and didn't get any fittings.

What fittings? You don't need fittings...

Slide the locking clips down and pull the hose off the fittings, then POP the new ones back in.

stroker2

Reaction score
I just cant get the old fittings off the old hose. i even pulled the rubber collar off the hose along with the metal collar holding it on. pryed on the fittings and a hammer and punch and still nothing

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I just cant get the old fittings off the old hose. i even pulled the rubber collar off the hose along with the metal collar holding it on. pryed on the fittings and a hammer and punch and still nothing

Did you go get the tool? Mine were a pita too

Wackerjr

Reaction score
Actually they did you a favor... those new fittings are perfect because you don't have to unscrew them out of the pump...giving a potential problem for pulled out threads...

Lick Dicker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thoes HPOP lines are too expensive, I hear 1/4" rubber fuel lines works just as well, easyer to swap too, they come right off!

Latest posts

Members online