Dads Christmas 6.0!!

Reaction score
Well I came along this 04 6.0 guy wanted to get rid of it ASAP.. Has oil leaks all Over the place, head gaskets were done, had already put a new hpop, all 8 injectors and rebuilt the Trans. He brought it by because dealer wanted 7 grand to reseal
It and replace head gaskets. He didn't want to fix it, and was asking 5gs. I tried to help him sell it, but nobody wanted a 04 6.0 with 170k miles. So he finally jut said get it off my hands, I asked how much bottom dollar. He said 2000.00 and I'll give you the title. Wife said call him back! So we got the truck from him. It's been sitting here for about 6 months, me and the wife talked about fixing it and flipping it. well not too long ago I bought another truck for my personal use. Went over to my dads house and he asked for a ride In it. And he mumbled... Under his breath.. With his grouchy look.. "I like these fords.." Coming from a Chevy man.. I bit my lip.. And kept driving... And it clicked!!! I'm gonna get that 6.0 fixed up for my old man. Growing up, I didn't have the strongest relationship with my dad, he was always working and well.. He was always working. Lol went they life that way.. Saw him and my mom go thru everything. He was an alcoholic for sometime.. And he got away from that.. But was still distant. Now being grown up, I can see why he would stress and is the way he was. Money troubles, bills and everything in the world came down on him at once. My childhood memories were walking along bayous in north Houston picking up coke cans and scrap with my grandma and mom. Lived in a one bedroom house... When there was 4 of us at the time.. Fast forward to now, I'm not rich by any means.. But I am able to do this for my old man.. I'm nervous .. But feel like this is how I can somehow repay him for raising us and showing us how hard work will get you places. Don't sit back and just wait for it. Well I'll let y'all know how the surprise goes and he better like it!! Lol we completely tore it down to the block, re sealed engine , bearings, studs, and all the good stuff. Cold air, sct, changed up the front end to a 06 front clip. Replaced carpet and center console, changed out the seats and all the maintenance. I'm seriously nervous and anxious to see how he reacts. We are also gonna do a rear window perf with his company name... Yes he is 67 and still works lol. Dam Mexican! Can't keep him from working. But here are some pics. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!! And KEEP STROKIN

SEMPER FI!!

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Awesome story Dorian!! Good for you my friend. Your Dad is gonna be so proud.

rascal

Reaction score
That's awesome. Sounds like your Dad (and Mom) did a good job raising you.

I hope my son grows up to have some of the same qualities you have.

Hope it all goes well. Good luck.

Reaction score
4ygemuhy.jpg
zutydu8y.jpg
sysa5yru.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason

Reaction score
Awesome you're doing that for your dad! You never realize all the things that they sacrifice and do for you, when growing up, until you have kids of your own, and honestly, with your kids (atleast mine), you don't even think twice about giving or doing for them.

That's also a steal of a deal for $2k, as a guy could end up having to do that to something he paid $12k for also lol. He'll love it, a free truck is a free truck!

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
This is awesome. Good for you Dorian, your old man is gonna be so proud. Make sure you get pictures/video of his reaction

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

Members online

No members online now.