Weight??

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Anyone with a similar set up (2005 FX4 CC SB) know what the curb weight of this truck is? I can guesstimate the adds for wheels, tires, etc but need factory curb weight. thanks...

jngreen

Reaction score
I would guess that the factory curb weight of your truck was 7700-7900lbs.

Now, I bet its over 8,000 pretty easy. At least I know my 2000 ccsb lariat is and its a similar size.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Mine with no spare and hardly anything in the truck with my bumper and me (210) weighs right at 7950.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Don't use ET to calculate. Use trap speed. Its usually more accurate.

Jap the calculator I used takes both et and mph. Not sure how an 1/8 mi calc stacks up to a 1/4 one but who knows. I'd like to make a 1/4 pass to compare the two

Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I'm guessing 8.3

nope...that's the weird part.

8.6 with a 1.9 60' @ only 78 mph. I could only launch at around 10 psi...any more and I pushed through the brakes. it was only my 4th pass with this setup but it was 105 degrees and I hot lapped 3 passes so I let it rest for a while...then started drinking so didn't race again. I know with a few more passes it'll get to the low 8's but I need better tires so I can cut a faster 60.

here's the hp calc I used...not sure how it came up with 558 but that's what it spit out. I think that number would be alot more realistic with a 8.3 like you said.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/hpcalculatoreigth.php

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
nope...that's the weird part.

8.6 with a 1.9 60' @ only 78 mph. I could only launch at around 10 psi...any more and I pushed through the brakes. it was only my 4th pass with this setup but it was 105 degrees and I hot lapped 3 passes so I let it rest for a while...then started drinking so didn't race again. I know with a few more passes it'll get to the low 8's but I need better tires so I can cut a faster 60.

here's the hp calc I used...not sure how it came up with 558 but that's what it spit out. I think that number would be alot more realistic with a 8.3 like you said.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/hpcalculatoreigth.php[
Bolded your issue for faster times LOL

nsty 6oh

Reaction score
my regular cab just missing the spare tire with me (142lbs) 3/4 tank of fuel in the truck weighted 7075lbs :thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online