Need help mounting some sundown cs6.5's

AKHILF

Reaction score
Hey guys IV had these speakers for a couple months and haven't got around to installing them. Right now I have some rockford 6.5's in the doors with the tweeter mounted to the speaker. I don't really like these speakers and wanted to give the sundowns a shot. But I just don't know where to put my tweeters. I have a 4 gauge piller pod so the sail on the driver side is not an option. Any ideas?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I wish I had pictures of how I did the tweeters in my 2002. I took a hole saw to an upper portion of the door panels. Ill try and find a video or pic that shows them

AKHILF

Reaction score
I was also thinking in the actual a pillers. Drill the hole in my pillar's on each side. But then they will bounce off the windshield some. This isn't a comp truck or anything. I just like music. I just want it to be clear when it's turned up.

jdc753

Reaction score
mine are in the sail panels as my tweeters need to be aimed directly on axis with the listener, but in these trucks competition has proven that tweeters in the pillars aimed directly across at each other is essentially the best setup. This will vary some per tweeter and listener/tuning but should yield good results.

Ultimately what I suggest is that you cut some long speaker wire and use some double sided tape, or hot glue, or some temporary form to mount the tweeters in various potential positions then spend some quality time and some critical listening.

One issue that can arise with mounting seperate tweeters comes with path lengths and the difference in distance from the mid speaker and it's paired tweeter to the listeners ear. If the separation is too great your ear will pick up on the separation between the high frequencies and the low frequencies.

DSC01626.jpg

DSC01595.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

I used hot glue as you can see and it worked great, easily peeled off the plastic when I was done with it and held strong for weeks under moderate temperatures. Final product was beefed up and fiberglassed.

Latest posts

Members online