Millermatic 252

Jonnydime

Reaction score
The M-25 gun is just about finished after 6 years. What do you guys recommend for a replacement. Should I stick with Miller or go with something else. I have never used Bernard or any others besides Miller.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Replace it with the OEM gun. I've had to many aftermarket guns that just didn't feel as right in the hand as the miller did. It's light, durable, dependable, etc., I've had one replacement in 4 years. That's 365 days of welding a year. Held up great.

56FordGuy

Reaction score
Depends on what you're welding. I went with a 400 amp Bernard Q gun after about two weeks with the M25. The Miller Roughneck guns are nice, but I got the Bernard for a lot less money.

MossBack

Reaction score
I am not sure on the smaller guns but at my work we use Tweco guns... They hold up really good and easy to repair. The shop I work in has over 500 welders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Depends on what you're welding. I went with a 400 amp Bernard Q gun after about two weeks with the M25. The Miller Roughneck guns are nice, but I got the Bernard for a lot less money.

The Q gun is what I was looking at. I will go to my distributor and see what he can get quicker and cheaper the roughneck or a Q gun.

56FordGuy

Reaction score
I bought mine on eBay, cost about $140. The 400 amp Q gun feels a lot like trying to weld with a brick in your hand, but the 300 amp might not be as bad. The 400 is comfortable, but feels a whole lot different than the M25.

moose99psd

Reaction score
i would second a bernard.. we use all bernard stuff at work. personally i hate tweeco anything.. its not bad equip just dont like the guns or the consumables..

Latest posts

Members online