Leaf spring question

psdguy95

Reaction score
Today I discovered the one of my rear leaf springs is broke. How hard is it to swap super duty Leaf springs in? Or would I be better off with obs springs? I'm just trying to get an idea of what my options are.

WeBeStrokin

Reaction score
The best way to find out how hard they are gonna be to mount is of you can find a super duty and take measurements off of both yours and the super duty springs and compare them.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Today I discovered the one of my rear leaf springs is broke. How hard is it to swap super duty Leaf springs in? Or would I be better off with obs springs? I'm just trying to get an idea of what my options are.

You can put Superduty rear springs is for a slightly better ride. B codes will be a better ride and F codes will be close to what you have now. Either one can be ordered with the overload leaf on top if you already have the overload leaf and want to retain it.
The front hanger must be drilled out to the larger SD spring eye size
The shackle needs to be drilled out to the new larger SD size and you need to cut dow the second longest leaf because it will contact your shackle. OR you can trim down the shackle to clear the leaf.

For me, i drilled out the front hanger to 3/4 and reamed out front eye to 3/4 as well

For the rear i drilled out the shacklr to 5/8 and also the rear eye as well

psdguy95

Reaction score
You can put Superduty rear springs is for a slightly better ride. B codes will be a better ride and F codes will be close to what you have now. Either one can be ordered with the overload leaf on top if you already have the overload leaf and want to retain it.
The front hanger must be drilled out to the larger SD spring eye size
The shackle needs to be drilled out to the new larger SD size and you need to cut dow the second longest leaf because it will contact your shackle. OR you can trim down the shackle to clear the leaf.

For me, i drilled out the front hanger to 3/4 and reamed out front eye to 3/4 as well

For the rear i drilled out the shacklr to 5/8 and also the rear eye as well

Can you post some pics?

ytee

Reaction score
I have the Super Duty springs and new rear OBS shackles now I just need to order the rsk and shocks and get to work. I am so ready for a better ride!!!

Chris

psdguy95

Reaction score
I looked at a set of sd springs today. They had about 7 or 8 leafs in it. I'm guessing it's off a f450 or f550. Would I be able to take out some of the leafs to make them into 250 spring packs?

Tom S

Reaction score
Not sure on that one but might be worth a try if they were cheap.

psdguy95

Reaction score
I can get them for $75. I just want to make sure I can take at least 3 or 4 leafs out. As long as I get a smaller cente bolt it should be fine right?

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
You do NOT want 450-550 springs. It is more than just removing leafs. You would be better off with OBS springs. Go find a set of B codes out of a F250 or 350

Latest posts

Members online