AE baro reading

Tom S

Reaction score
Can someone with a little older version of AE please look and see if you have Baro in PSI on an OBS. I am thinking that got dropped in this newest version of the software but want to verify it.

I was going to see about getting that and trans temp set up to read correctly in AE this week for us OBS guys.

Tom

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The trans reading in Volts is correct on the newest version isnt it!? It would be nice to have temperature also though.

What exactly does the Baro in PSI indicate or help us with? Never seen that on the AE

Tom S

Reaction score
It lets you know that the PCM sees the sensor and that it is reading correctly. Can you check that with your AE for me?

BBottoms

Reaction score
I know that I had it when I first got my AE (last summer). I don't remember if its still there or not (I believe I have the latest version as of this spring). I'll check when I get home as long as someone else hasn't already.

I am thinking it used to be there as well. Any other AE issues on OBS I need to address with them?

Last edited by a moderator:

BBottoms

Reaction score
AutoEnginuity 9.0.3 and 9.1.1 (current) both show a "Barometric Pressure - Volts" on my 1995 but no psi.

Mine reads 4.40 volts and I'm at ~800ft elevation and my Manifold Gauge Pressure & Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) readings seem to correlate well to ~14.5psi of Barometric Pressure (e.g. - 43.5psi MAP = 29psi Gauge during data logging)

Tom S

Reaction score
Excellent thread. It looks like from what I read that the Baro is only listed in volts because Jay does not have the documentation to convert that to PSI for the OBS trucks. I may have been mistaken about seeing that for the OBS trucks as I have been hooked up to a number of SD trucks lately. I am going to look through my stuff and see if I can find any documention for it.

With the trans temp I do not think there is any reason not to get that working. I have the documentation for that sensor and that exact documentation is what got that function working for trans temp on the little Aeroforce Scan gauges.

I agree that coolant temp is a fake reading and that there is not a sensor to provide a proper reading.

Tom

Tom S

Reaction score
I am still looking but I am thinking that the Baro will have a conversion table similar to this stuff for the 6.4 if one could find the documentation.

Attachments

• 6.4L_Electrical_Components.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 61

Tom S

Reaction score
I wonder if this is the right data.

Attachments

• tsb05_03_01.pdf
    110 KB · Views: 39

BBottoms

Reaction score
That looks like it should be right. Mine reads 4.40 volts and I'm at roughly 800', so slightly off, but close. I could have a sensor that's slightly off too.

Tom S

Reaction score
Here is the information to convert Trans Volts into Trans Temp from the factory powertrain control emission diagnosis book.

I went and took a snap shot reading of the truck which is setting in a 78 deg garage and is temperature stabilized. The voltage reading for trans temp appears to be accurate and the voltage is consistent to the intake air temp sensor which used the same chart.

It look to me like if AE simply applied the same conversion to trans fluid that is applied to intake air temp then AE would provide a fairly decent trans temp reading the same as the Aeroforce scan gauge does.

Tom S

Reaction score
Here is a condensed version of the baro volts to pressure chart I found.

Comparing that to the actual voltage reading I got from AE.

It would appear that I was at about 4600ft altitude when I am really at 5800ft. The map sensor reading of 12.1 PSI looks to be more accurate. I am not sure if that is the difference in sensors or if this chart is off by a bit or what. Thoughts???

Tom S

Reaction score
We try only to match the Ford tables exactly because of the issue with putting out PIDs they don’t actually support. Any custom PIDs that the IDS doesn’t show we won’t anymore either.

The exact answer Jay sent back in regards to the Email I sent him. I sent another back so I will see what I get.

Tom S

Reaction score
FWIW the Ford IDS Scanner does read Baro in pressure. I have this from just this morning on my truck at maybe 7k feet.

Attachments

• BARO IMAGE.JPG
    BARO IMAGE.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.