Straight Pipe or leave the muffler???

ezzyke

Reaction score
Ok I have had my 07 6.0 a few months now and It is to damn quiet. I have done a 4 inch turbo back magnaflow system with the cat delete. How loud are these things with straightpipe? Do I need to worry about anything else going worng if I cut the magnaflow muffler off?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
They sound awesome straight piped. I don't think you are going to have any issues. I know we haven't had any issues with my dad's straight piped 6.0.

P.S. Be prepared to sound like a jet lol

ezzyke

Reaction score
It already does at idle with the cat gone lol. I just don't want egr issues with having no backpressure.

RocknRoll

Reaction score
I like them straight piped. If you drive normally and don't drag race around town it's an arguable difference. But once you hamfist it, it's beautiful!!!

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
It already does at idle with the cat gone lol. I just don't want egr issues with having no backpressure.

Well we live in Cali so there is no way around the EGR delete, and we have had no issues. It has been straight piped for 5 years.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I had a magnaflow muffler on my old 6.0, sounded good. straight pipe-constant smile :D but I had a 03 turbo too. so minus the muffler it whistled constantly

---
- Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk while smacking cummings owners in the 6 whore

chappy

Reaction score
I love it straight piped. I could never go back to a muffler although the fuel milage might get better if i did.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Fuel mileage is overrated. Wicked exhaust note..... Thats where its at.LOL

ezzyke

Reaction score
Thanks guys yall made my decision easy. Now I just have to buy some pipe.:thumbup:

ezzyke

Reaction score
Well It's done and my mileage has gone to hell mainly because I love the sound at WOT!

Latest posts

Members online