Bronze XD monsters

TyCorr

Reaction score
Does anyone have these? I want a 22x11 set and I cant seem to find them in stock anywhere. I do NOT want the black ones.

I hope they didnt discontinue them already.

I also hope I didnt post this in the wrong section!

If ya have pics also feel free to post em up!

:)

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im not having any luck locating any of these. When did xd release the bronze versions of these wheels? I thought it was fairly recent. In the last two years?

Nobody has these or knows anything about them?

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
You could always buy black and have em powdercoated, I saw a set of 22X11 on ebay for $1200 shipped

TyCorr

Reaction score
You could always buy black and have em powdercoated, I saw a set of 22X11 on ebay for $1200 shipped

Ive never done anything like this. Dont even know where to get something like that done. If you had to guess how much do you think it'd run to get a whole set done.

Edit:This is a great idea for sure. I brought this up today to a coworker who builds custom bikes and he said "Those are nice lookin wheels!" I told him Im having trouble finding them and was gonna get black ones and paint em copperish bronze. He said "You dont wanna paint them. It wont last through one winter here."

This would be the solution.

Last edited:

florida 6.0

Reaction score
My buddy has a set on his chevy and effed one up in a wreck . The local powder coater had a stock color that was a perfect match. It was $100 a wheel .

TripleE44

Reaction score

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
How much was it in total to get them done?

600. 50 to blast one rim, 100 to coat one. Pricey but well worth it. He told me over the phone what needed to be done, I told him exclude the blasting i got it covered. I tried fine sand blasting them but it took forever, and was too abrasive anyway, whatever media they used smoothed them back out. It was worth the extra 200 at the end lol.

This took me 45 minutes, and thats when I gave up.
6ce4729f.png

And here they are finished, bad pic but they really shine.
b420cd20.png

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
It was probably 3 months ago. They have held up great so far, powdercoat does not chip off but can scratch very easy.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Sand blasting would be bad, the sand will stick into the pourous aluminum (from a cast wheel), they really need glass bead blasting. Sand would stick and you would see it in the finish of the powdercoat. You're going to pay for quality powdercoat work. A good shop wont do them without properly blasting and prepping them first.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Damn these sound sweet. Definitely a different look.

Dont even think about it!!

triple444e said:
This comes up with a google search. http://www.westkycustoms.com/product...x22-Tires.html
I know it's the bolt pattern for a chevy, but I'd give them a call and check. There's a guy at my gym who has ordered multiple sets of wheels from here and says they're good.

I called westkycustoms and emailed them saying if you have a set of 22x11's in bronze they are mine. Tell me where to send the money! No reply. Ill check again.

TyCorr

Reaction score
kmc discontinued the bronze monsters. Heard it straight from their mouths today. "They were a slow-moving product line. We only produced those for 12 months! Good luck finding one 22x11 much less a set." All bronze wheels got the axe!

King tire in LaSalle, IL was the cheapest so far. 22x11 @345 each. For the black ones. Plus $60 for the caps and nuts, etc...Im probably going to order from them and get an extra set of rivets from xd as Ill most likely wreck the 'rivets' taking them out to paint the wheel.

Shipmate

Reaction score
A thousand city miles without washing mine and the fronts look kinda Bronzeish from brake dust. LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
The wife brings up a good point "You can run them black for a while and then when you decide to paint them it'll be like a new set of wheels again."

Good thinkin! I was gonna run my old ones until I got em painted but hell by the time they get here and I decide on the tires I wanna run it'll be fall and after that the crappy weather sets in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.