stage one injectors

Big D

Reaction score
well i just got my stage one injestors put in and im looking too get some more perfomance out of my truck. i mean dont get me wrong it runs alot better than it did before i would just like too get some more fuel milage and more power out of it. its a 1997 ford powerstroke with 358000 miles on it.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
we need to know what else youv'e got. Assuming you did all the supporting mods first, id say its time for Efuel and then a turbo.

Also assuming your transmission has been taken care of or its a manual

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
youll have a better chance posting this in the proper area.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
Since your on a budget dual sd fuel pumps u can get them at a junkyard. Baldwin filter bases and filters irates reg return and a d66. That's probly your cheapest right there and if your mechanic smart. You can make your own regulated return but buying one is a better idea

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
If you wanted more power, i would have purchased bigger injectors. you could aslo look at getting an aftermarket HPOP, like SRP1, T1000, Duals, etc.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
A 17* HPOP would be your next best mod..I'm assuming you have custom tunes ..if not a TS chip is in order..with custom tunes. Stock fuel and turbo will be fine.

You do have a intake and exhaust with guages???

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
I read this all the time..but at least trucks I have done sure react differently..why?

Cary,

OBS 200K miles(old and tired) install new injectors(refresh) new parts always run better....

Like puttin in a new hip the old one was working ok but that new one works so much better...LOL

Reaction score
Stage 1 injectors with stock tuning run exactly like stock.

I read this all the time..but at least trucks I have done sure react differently..why?

I have to agree with Cary. When I installed Stage one's (brand new AC's) there was a big difference in performance all else being equal, no programming. ALF4 code PCM.

However Matt has a point that just putting in fresh stock injectors may have been noticable. Mine had about 160k. But it was a big difference!

Tom S

Reaction score
I would tend to say my experience was closest to Matt's observation.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Some people's stage 1s are actually something closer to a stage 1.5 with a slightly larger nozzle. What I am calling a stage 1 has a stock nozzle.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
So am I, a stage one in my book always has a stock nozzle..and 160cc
Now we can get stage 1's stock nozzle and 189cc's but I'm not talking about them.

Latest posts

Members online