TC lockup switch

DMAX

Reaction score
Looking for info on how to do a TC lockup switch on an 07 F350 6.0, I did alot of searching with no luck. I believe the TCC solenoid can be grounded out with a switch at ECM harness #3 C175c. PIN 13 TCC solenoid. Just use a single pole rocker switch and ground it out and solder it into the wire coming off of pin 13? Any body have any ideas about this?

DMAX

Reaction score
Yea, have heard of a few guys talking about them and figure I would experiment and run this by some guys, Im pretty sure the TCC solenoid can be activated by grounding out the system, I believe it stays un coupled through a 1 amp DC signal from the 3rd ecm harness. This is for truck pulling by the way

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Its the brown/orange wire at the front plug on the pcm
when you do this just ground it to a switch,you will also need to get a tune mad that tells the computer not to lock the converter up from your tuner

DMAX

Reaction score
Alright thanks, glad I know the color of the wire should make it easier to find!

STROKER

Reaction score
It would basically just be for pulling so you could lock the tc in 3rd manually

Beans71086

Reaction score
Its the brown/orange wire at the front plug on the pcm
when you do this just ground it to a switch,you will also need to get a tune made that tells the computer not to lock the converter up from your tuner

Would it really matter? If its already locked and the tuner tells it to lock what happens? Will it start melting wires? I really have no idea, just a question, or are you looking at it from more of an operational stand point? Where you don't want it to lock in till you hit the switch?

Zmann

Reaction score
this is the first time I have ever heard of an easy way to lock up a 6.0 TC

I don't think I am going to try it untill someone els does lol

DMAX

Reaction score
this is the first time I have ever heard of an easy way to lock up a 6.0 TC

I don't think I am going to try it untill someone els does lol

Well you might be hearing from me shortly, going to maybe do it tonight, got some pulls coming up

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
We had it on whitey for a while drop 5/10ths off our 1/4 mile time
For some reason the PCM won't lock when a tuner tells it to below I believe 3rd gear

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
As was asked earlier, what happens if you're runnin' an everyday DD tune that locks up after 45 and you have the switch activated? If it's just a ground it shouldn't matter right? I'd like to do this too, but would hate for the switch to get flipped on by accident in a DD scenario and burn something up.

strokin6L

Reaction score
We had it on whitey for a while drop 5/10ths off our 1/4 mile time
For some reason the PCM won't lock when a tuner tells it to below I believe 3rd gear

Craig, i thought a race tune such as ID's x-race will lock up the TC from 2nd on up through OD?

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day, I thought for sure there had to be a way to do it but I had never heard of anyone doing it.
Maybe a little off topic, but is there a way to wire in a little indicator light to tell when the converter is locked, or supposed to be locked?

STROKER

Reaction score
thats what im planning on doing with mine im going to wire a light that mounts on the pillar so i remember to turn it off at the end of the track, im also gonna make a pistol grip switch so i dont have to reach for anything

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
As was asked earlier, what happens if you're runnin' an everyday DD tune that locks up after 45 and you have the switch activated? If it's just a ground it shouldn't matter right? I'd like to do this too, but would hate for the switch to get flipped on by accident in a DD scenario and burn something up.
AGAIN

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
AGAIN

I don't think this would be a great thing to have in a daily driver. This is geared more for competition vehicles so people can tell the converter when to lock. Atleast that's why I planned to do this

strokin6L

Reaction score
River City Diesel has done this to some trucks. Josh has added a TC lock up switch on a 6L and some of his customers have one. Try contacting RCD and ask them...or PM jared@ricefamilyfarms. Jared works at RCD.

Racer X

Reaction score
Manually locking your torque converter clutch

If you add a manual Torque Converter Clutch lock up switch : You will have to be careful not to lock it at low speed to prevent premature clutch failure(s). The pump can't supply enough pressure at lower rpm to keep the converter clutch applied tightly. If it slips from low pressure, it wears, glazes and burns the clutch material.

`

Latest posts

Members online