Recommended fuel psi

Templin

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install an AirDog2 on my truck and I'm curious what psi, those of you that have them, are running them on. I recall 62 being a sweet spot. I don't have a regulated return....yet, but I need a baseline number for the time being.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I hold mine at 60 psi. My ford diesel mechanic buddy just said something about Ford changing their stock spec to 70 psi after they did some internal testing and found fewer injector failures with the higher pressures. either way I wouldn't go lower than 60 or higher than 65.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Ford's spec is/was 55 plus or minus 5. 60-65 should be fine. Why do you need a regulated return? The AD2 is already regulated...

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
RR eliminates the fuel dead ending at the back of the heads. The rear two injectors could get starved without proper flow

nsty 6oh

Reaction score
My airdog II is set between 60-65psi idle. No reg return on my setup and with a race tune the lowest Ive seen it drop with a hard WOT run was about 52psi which is still good psi.

Templin

Reaction score
Ford's spec is/was 55 plus or minus 5. 60-65 should be fine. Why do you need a regulated return? The AD2 is already regulated...

When I said RR I meant that plus a cross over line for the heads. Sorry about that.