Cruise Control no work

Irishcream

Reaction score
Since I had my clutch done the cruise control hasn't worked. Where is the sensor on the transmission? Or am I looking for something else? The neutral safety switch works so I know it's not that. Another issue since I got the clutch done is that the 4X4 lights don't show up. I know the transfer case is working but cannot see the little lights in the dash indicating it's in 4By. I may just have to check the light bulbs before hunting for wiring. But that seems pretty unlikely.

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
There is no sensor on the transmission. The CC is controlled by the clutch switch on the clutch master cylinder and the brake switch on the brake master cylinder.

Check the third brake light. The third brake light will keep it from working for some reason.

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
For the 4wd lights check the plug at the sensor on the t-case. It is right behind the 4wd shifter tube facing toward the front of the truck.

TURTLE

Reaction score
I cant get mine to work either but its on an Automatic E4OD. It also wont shift in 4x4 Low which makes me think something is messed up in the connections. Light bulbs are brand new. Any sugestions for 4x4 and Cruise tests? Sorry to hijack.

Tom S

Reaction score
The parking brake switch can mess with the cruise control just in case that is at issue. I just recently learned that one.

TURTLE

Reaction score
I have a feeling if I get the brake issue to go away the cruise control issue will go away.