intercooler choice

cowboy420smoker

Reaction score
I was wondering which intercooler is a beter product.I have a choice between a bd or banks.The banks comes with boots and pipes plus hardware.

newman

Reaction score
I've seen a cut away of a BD and it looked like a quality product. I would but it over a Banks.

TARM

Reaction score
I have a hypermax coming to me. Go a great deal as normal retail price would be too hard a pill to swallow even given the performance.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
get the 6.0 Banks ( $800.00)and order just the 7.3l pipes if you want($125). Then go to dieselpowerproducts and order the 3.5" to 3" hose and clamps ( $100.)to hook up the pipes to the intercooler.

that bag of hardware for the 7.3 from banks is like $325. and you don't need it with the 6.0 cooler which is bigger.

that is close to wholesale for the bank parts.

TARM

Reaction score
I believe with a small amount of work one of those big 6.7 Cummins intercoolers will fit and you should be able to pick those up in salvage yards cheaper than all the others less the 6.0. I woudl think it would offer very good perf but have not run one personally.

TARM

Reaction score
I know for the money there are so many better things to spend it on but excluding that, looking only at their effect on things such as pressure drop, temp drop of charged air, changes to egts, are there or are there not positive effects between running a stock IC versus Hypermax, Spearco, Banks, Hellman etc..

If you are running heavy NOS I would think its cooling effects would mitigate some of the performance a IC provided compared to fuel only but I certianly could be wrong on that as well.

Its hard to believe the performance of a 13 year old intercooler designed for 200HP worth of air flow could not and would not have been improved upon. Understand I am not saying one way or another it is or not you woudl just think like most everything else dealing with these motors there woudl be significant room for improvement.

I was looking back but could not find just yet the threads back over on TDS, before PSN etc.., where a few got together to run tests on the big 3 or 4 back then off one engine. Think it was back in 2006. Anyone recall those?

V-Ref

Reaction score
Absolute waste of money:shrug:

:whs:

Still running a stocker here

You fellas run some really strong trucks....do you have before/after data that led you to this conclusion...or is it a case of you made a bunch of power on the stocker, and didn't see the need to spend the cash on a aftermarket IC. No agenda here other than to learn.

Latest posts

Members online