7.3L into 5.4L f250

stirrettup

Reaction score
Ive been wanting to swap my motor, transmission, and rearend into a lighter chassis and today I found a 5.4L F250 for sale at a reasonable price. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience on this swap and if there is anything I should look out for before I buy the truck. Thanks in advance...

BigRed97

Reaction score
im doing it with a v10 truck, still in the process of stripping the v10 truck, havent got to the actual swap, but as long as you have a complete donor truck, it shouldnt give any problems. Swap ALL wiring

stirrettup

Reaction score
im doing it with a v10 truck, still in the process of stripping the v10 truck, havent got to the actual swap, but as long as you have a complete donor truck, it shouldnt give any problems. Swap ALL wiring

Alright, my donor truck would be the complete truck I drive right now at the moment. Thanks.

BigRed97

Reaction score
ok well i ran into a potential problem today with the wiring.

the CC dash harness has an extra plug for the rear doors that the Excab does not. if you are goin down in cab size, this shouldnt be an issue(just leave it hanging) but for me, going bigger im goin to have make an overlay harness out of it and figure out the GEM interchangability....

chappy

Reaction score
are the rearends in the 5.4L f250 trucks lighter or the same as the one in in my 7.3L f350?

Are you talking f250 light duty or f250 superduty? the light duty looks just like a f150 but has a 7lug bolt pattern on the wheels and a 10.25 rear end semi floater I believe. Same as the excursion pretty much. All the f250 350 superdutys have 10.5 rear ends.

Latest posts

Members online