dual sumps for dual pumps???

blackbetty13

Reaction score
I went throughout this only if u have a flat spot on your second tank but u will not be able to use your 3/8 selector valve other wise u will burn up your pumps so best way to do this is use one pump and equalize the tanks. I went with a fuellab pump

genie144

Reaction score
Superduties don't have selector valves... Although they are available.

I think dual sumps for dual pumps gives you dual opportunity for problems. I would not overly complicate your fuel system (trust me)...

I have been following your thread and just don't see a need for it. I would stick with a single bigger pump and make sure to have large lines before and after including the electric lines. Just my opinion.

Sam

rat49f6

Reaction score
im gonna run dual 6.0l pumps ran in series, but relayed separate, pulling from a excursion tank

TARM

Reaction score
Why are you running them in series? I likely do not have the picture becasue in general series does not yield the best outcome if looking for more flow.

rat49f6

Reaction score
My thought was one less T fitting would equal one less restriction

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

TARM

Reaction score
Where is your thread on this system? Its hard to follow this without some idea what you have planned over all with the fuel system.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Still new to this so bare with me

IMG100.jpg

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ok I have been wanting to do dual pumps for too long!! Let me in on this...

There is a guy on PSN named william. He sent me some info but i lost it when i got banned. He ran the 2 6.0 pumps in series and never dropped below 55 psi.

Arisley

Reaction score
You need one filter pre-pump, and one filter post pump. The filter bases have 2 inlets and two outlets. One sump, into the prepump filter, plug the other inlet. One outlet to each pump. Out of each pump into the post filter. One oulet, plug the other one. From there up, you are correct.

Ends up looking something like this:

Fuel_system1.jpg

Last edited:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yes sir. Pump, filter, and water seperator is all one unit.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Rat when are you doing all this? I will do it with you! Well at my house of course but i just need some tech help. And how are you gonna get power to the second pump?