Dual 4" or single 5"

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
Looking to replace my exhaust, I plan to run a 4" down pipe but woundering what would be more beneficial with a DPF delete... a 5" back or dual 4". I know the dual 4" Ys off the delete pipe.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Flow wise it won't make any difference. Aren't going to see a difference, I have heard at power levels around 1000 or so is when a 5" would help. Now sound wise they are different. I run a 4" Flow Pro w muffler and like it. Quite cruising and will growl under WOT.

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
I've heard a friends set up with a 4" down pipe and 5" exhaust and honestly it didn't sound any different then mine right now with 4" down pipe back, but the plan now is to get a 4" down pipe and full 5" exhaust.

Petro

Reaction score
4" straight pipe from the turbo back on mine, sounds alright but i wish it was louder and had more chop like my 7.3, So does the 5" make it sounder deeper or what? Im very curious about this

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i had trobles with my duals after a couple years tearing the welds for the hangers

I would run 4 inch single honestly...

Cdills

Reaction score
I just put 5" straight pipe from the down pipe back and am very pleased with it.