Boost Gauge Jumping

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I got my boost gauge installed yesterday.

When the boost gets at 20 PSI and above the gauge jumps around. I have the gauge reading from the intake y.

Anyone know why it might be jumping around at 20 PSI +?

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I have checked the line and not found any cracks.

All the connections are tight. I used Teflon tape on the connections as well.

Tom S

Reaction score
Sometimes it takes a restrictor orfice to address that issue.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Everyone of my boost gauges have bounced around over 20psi. In my old truck the kid I sold it to said the truck made 35psi. I asked him how he could read 35psi on a 30 psi gauge? He said the gauge would hit 30 then bounce to 25 so that must mean it is making 35psi:doh: I think he rode the little bus and licked the windows

jschildm

Reaction score
My autometer bounced after I installed it (progressively worse as boost got higher). I talked to their customer service, and they had me send it in to put a "dampening fluid" or something like that in it. Basically like Tom said, they restrict it a little and now it is smooth as could be.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Everyone of my boost gauges have bounced around over 20psi. In my old truck the kid I sold it to said the truck made 35psi. I asked him how he could read 35psi on a 30 psi gauge? He said the gauge would hit 30 then bounce to 25 so that must mean it is making 35psi:doh: I think he rode the little bus and licked the windows
You think? LOL I'd say there's no doubt!

Latest posts

Members online