Tow pig idea WITH A CAT!!!!

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Just curious if a C7 cat non-acert will fit into a 08+ 450 or 550 4x4 with a dana 70 front and 110 rear the C7 would be backed by a eaton fuller 10 speed auto with a 2 speed transfer case 4x4 setup.
The cat will get a few taste full add on's mechanical injection pump, injectors, C9 cam, maybe a borg warner s480 or some type of turbo, head work, cut pistons and a inline 45 psi pump with a fass before it.

Will the frame, body and the entire truck handle the power from the engine.

Fummins are like accepting warm beer or having rockstars on your super duty.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Why not get a 3126 instead?

The c7 is smaller of a engine isn't it? There is a company in Michigan that builds parts for the c7, c9, 3208, c15 and more I am not sure about the 3126 and they specialize in the performance aspect in the cat engines.

RascalMafia

#hashtag
Super Mod
Reaction score
The c7 is smaller of a engine isn't it? There is a company in Michigan that builds parts for the c7, c9, 3208, c15 and more I am not sure about the 3126 and they specialize in the performance aspect in the cat engines.

It's a 7.1 built by Perkins.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I was talking about the C7 as it comes from Caterpillar...

Ok I understand now that's where I was planning on starting with a reman getting running driving and so on then moving on to the modifications. It will be like anything else get it going running right then moving on to enhance it later on.

Jason

Reaction score
If you want CAT performance, contact Kurt Murray. Stay away from Great Lakes, their reputation is beyond shat. Kurt can get you set up, wiring wise, which ecm to use, parts combinations etc. He has a c16 cat that puts over 1k at the ground, and works daily.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
If you want CAT performance, contact Kurt Murray. Stay away from Great Lakes, their reputation is beyond shat. Kurt can get you set up, wiring wise, which ecm to use, parts combinations etc. He has a c16 cat that puts over 1k at the ground, and works daily.

Thanks for for the info no wonder they have no prices or meaning info online.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Way way too much work if you ask me none of the engines listed are worth swapping for

If you must, just do a cummins swap.

JrStroker

Reaction score
Well the cool part, as they are an option in the F650+ models, seeing a CAT motor is a F450-550 body style would be badass. No one would ever expect anything besides a powerstroke was under there. And it hasn't been done before right? So originality.
The if it could part, is that it would be all custom and possible have a large bill behind it. And Maybe not even be do-able.

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Way way too much work if you ask me none of the engines listed are worth swapping for

If you must, just do a cummins swap.

I think you missed the earlier quote.. like warm beer or Rockstars on your Superduty.

Used to drive to work in a crewboat powered by a 3208 Cat. Wickedest sounding boat we ever had!

Reaction score
The 3116, 3126 and c-7 are all just a line of variations of the same engine. Just newer successions in the same line of engine as they evolved to meet emissions.

All those engines are like the 6.0 powerstoke of cats engine line.

As much as I like cat, there isn't one I would recommend to put in the time to swap. Maybe a c6.6 and they are not a power house and still have problems.

Doing a mechanical injection swap on a c-7 would be the equivalent to p-pumping a 6.0. Totally not worth it and would cost a small fortune.

In all reality I would consider an older dt466 before I would put a cat in.

Btw I worked for cat for 8 years building engines. Just my experiences.

Latest posts

Members online