Hood insulation

ytee

Reaction score
Does anyone sell the molded underhood insulation besides Ford? Mine got messed up and I took it off a year or so ago and now I want to put it back. If I remember right it is pretty pricey from Ford.

Chris

Tom S

Reaction score
Not that I have ever seen. Fortunately I was able to clean mine to where it came out decent. Road salt stains are a pain.

ytee

Reaction score
Mine was falling apart, that is the only reason I removed it.

Chris

colonyofdrones

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Is that piece really necessary? I've taken them off all of my trucks and not seemed to have any issue that I know of.

ytee

Reaction score
Not necessary but I think it looks better with the insulation and also I think the engine sounds much louder with the insulation gone.

Chris

Reaction score
There was talk of someone making them for the OBS years ago on TDS (actually back then it was F-D.com). I don't think anything came of it (nobody went over with their truck to use as a "pattern") and I don't recall anything that's been done since then. Cheers!

Tom S

Reaction score
Seems like someone did a Dynamat product under the hood.

ytee

Reaction score
I want to install some dynomat to the bottom side of the hood between the bracing and then put the hood liner back over everything. I believe between the two things that should really quiet things down.

Chris

pjwoolw

Reaction score
Hushmat makes a kit. Never tried the product. Not the best looking deal either. But I expect it would work well.

ytee

Reaction score
What I have seen of the hood sound deadener kits they don't look nice, that is why I want to put the deadener on the hood in the open parts of the webbing then cover it all with the stock insulation.

Chris

ytee

Reaction score
I have seen those in the LMC catalog but I don't think they are the molded ones like the stock liner. If anyone has purchased one I would be interested in knowing what they look like.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.