Shone(Spatel23)'s clean up- Part 2

Boostfed

Reaction score
Many of you may have followed Shone's truck's progress. It has surely come a long ways since its beginings. We have had it in the shop a few times in the past months so I figured I'd share some pics of the progress this time and a few from the previous visits. It was first brought to us after his MaxPower and dual fueler install for a few minor issues. While it was there, we decided it was time to do some clean up on some of the existing wiring, add a turbo blanket and Powder coat some things also.

The first visit-
camera029.jpg

camera030.jpg

camera032.jpg

Due to a time constraint, we were unable to really get into it to get everything cleaned up before the Gainesville event, so we left it and headed to the race where the truck ran its 11.80 pass. After Gainesville Shone readied the truck for DPC and we left under the hood like this-

camera033.jpg

The truck attended the Rudy's Tarheel Diesel Nationals at Zmax the weekend before DPC. While at the event, Shone made his first pass which unfourtunately was his last for the day due to a high pressure turbo failure. The truck was trailered back to our shop that night. Shone, myself and Mike Haller scrambled to tear down Shone's truck and the Race truck in the early hours of the morning after arriving at the shop. We quickly removed the turbos from the race truck and transferred them to Shone's and quickly buttoned back up just in time for him to make the drive to Denver for DPC.
Shone kept the truck for a bit after DPC but, a few rattles and squeaks brought the truck back to the shop and decided it was time for a full clean up and a few new additions.

So far we have added some more powdercoating, the new Tial MVR watercooled wastegate, Amp Steps, new tinted tails, new DP(old one rubbing), replumbed nearly everything under the hood, relocated the battery (previously moved to the frame rail) into the tool box along with a few other small changes. I'll try to update more as we go. Enjoy-

camera035.jpg

camera036.jpg

camera045.jpg

camera046.jpg

camera048.jpg

camera050.jpg

camera053.jpg

colonyofdrones

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Very cool. Don't know anyone with a 6.4, much less a modded one so it's interesting to see pics like this. Looks like you're making a hell of a lot of progress. :thumbsup:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Wow, that was a cluster *** of wiring in the first pics. Good job cleaning it up. Looks much better.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I cant wait......looks great David!

Few other little things getting done are.....

switching nozzles from 150s to 110s
billet flexplate
Suncoast HD torque converter
pinchweld covers
Optima yellow tops
woodgrain steering wheel from 10 to 2

Im sure Im missing somethings.....

jdgleason

Reaction score
Dang I love that truck.... Might be my favorite one shone! Let me know how you like the 110s... And I like the steering wheel thing thats kinda cool.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I cant wait......looks great David!

Few other little things getting done are.....

switching nozzles from 150s to 110s
billet flexplate
Suncoast HD torque converter
pinchweld covers
Optima yellow tops
woodgrain steering wheel from 10 to 2

Im sure Im missing somethings.....

You're not missing something, you just haven't thought of it yet.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
If I were you id ditch the optimas for kinetic or oddesy batteries. My yellows only lasted 2 years.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

If I were you id ditch the optimas for kinetic or oddesy batteries. My yellows only lasted 2 years.

I got a smokin deal on them so Im gonna have to see how they do, thanks though

While at the event, Shone made his first pass which unfourtunately was his last for the day due to a high pressure turbo failure. The truck was trailered back to our shop that night. Shone, myself and Mike Haller scrambled to tear down Shone's truck and the Race truck in the early hours of the morning after arriving at the shop. We quickly removed the turbos from the race truck and transferred them to Shone's and quickly buttoned back up just in time for him to make the drive to Denver for DPC.

I can never thank you and Mike Haller enough for all that you guys did!
You guys stayed up for days to get the truck to DPC and Ill never forget that!
Thats what I was most proud of during DPC....all the hardwork and driving that went into being there.
Haller, I swear I thought you were gonna cough up a lung from your sinuses on that long ass nonstop drive to Denver.LOL
Thanks again to David Farlow and Mike Haller:clapping:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Awesome! Definitely one of my favorite . Total package type truck. Sets it above most all the other 6.4s making power out there for sure.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Shones truck is sick , seeing it in person is a treat ... once again David , buddy you do some sick azz work .

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

I got a smokin deal on them so Im gonna have to see how they do, thanks though

I can never thank you and Mike Haller enough for all that you guys did!
You guys stayed up for days to get the truck to DPC and Ill never forget that!
Thats what I was most proud of during DPC....all the hardwork and driving that went into being there.
Haller, I swear I thought you were gonna cough up a lung from your sinuses on that long ass nonstop drive to Denver.LOL
Thanks again to David Farlow and Mike Haller:clapping:

That definately was a long week. Glad I could be part of it though. David as always your work looks great.

Boostfed

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. I just hope Shone is happy when its done and we don't have to go back into it for a while after this go round.

I like the way you guys set up the regulators for the wg. Nice to have them on its own mount.

Thanks bud. The BOV solenoid is mounted to the bottom of the mount to keep it from being seen too. Having it all in one location really keeps the plumbing short and simple and its just better to have it out of site and out of mind IMO.

That definately was a long week. Glad I could be part of it though. David as always your work looks great.

LOL, I think I went from Friday at 7:30AM til about 10pm Sunday that weekend sleeping just to and from the race in Charlotte. Thanks a lot.

Last edited: