CD's are stuck!

08sixfour12

Reaction score
Hey guys, so my 08 has the 6-disc changer in it (Touch screen/nav) and the previous owner has some terrible CD's in it and they won't eject out.
I tried using a knife to get them out but no luck... Is there a master eject or something anywhere?

Atsah

Reaction score
The only master eject is a screwdriver and hammer..

I have tried getting them out of a few radios with changers and no luck...

01PSD

Reaction score
Is it making funky noises? The changer on mine gets hung sometimes.... usually a few good smashes of the fist on the dashboard will fix it. LOL

08sixfour12

Reaction score
Is it making funky noises? The changer on mine gets hung sometimes.... usually a few good smashes of the fist on the dashboard will fix it. LOL

Yeah it does make some weird noises but does nothing at all.

Are the Cd's trying to eject to the point where you can see the tip of the cd?

Nope, can barely even see the disc, thats why i tried sticking a knife in there aha. I wouldn't care if the CD's were good but this guy had some terrible taste in music.

slc dzl

Reaction score
Not sure if its the same problem I had but I used two Cd's and sandwiched the stuck one, then lifted slightly then pulled the cd out.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Use a razor and scrape the little felt pieces away they'll slide through. Had to do it in my old '08. Also it's probably getting weak maybe time for an upgrade.

08sixfour12

Reaction score
Your best thing to do is eject the whole head unit into the trash and get an aftermarket one.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my POS phone

Haha thats probably what I'm going to do.... It's pissing me off so much!:lame:

Atsah

Reaction score
Haha thats probably what I'm going to do.... It's pissing me off so much!:lame:

I have taken them apart to remove all my cd's from the changer but I was unable to save the unit from destruction..

HOOV3R

Reaction score
My old truck did this. I removed the old head unit, removed my cds from it and tossed it in the dumpster. The cds were not lifting high enough to get out of the eject port, which was why they wouldn't come out.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've got 4 of the damn things laying around the shop... 2 I gathered off CL as "working units" and two I had mailed to me, one was known broke and the other was ?...

All are now in little pieces... Sucks because I've never seen an aftermarket unit that looks as good as a plain factory unit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.