HiVHiHz IDM Core

BBottoms

Reaction score
I've got a modded 140v IDM I bought from Beans last year that is acting up. Since Bean's just mods the resistor on a used IDM, no warranty, which is understandable. Since I've got to get another IDM anyway I was looking at your HiVHiHz IDMs.

Truck still runs fine at speed, it just has a stumbling idle once the IDM warms up. The idle is rock solid when the IDM is cold. CCT fails bank 1 cylinders (varying combination of 1,3,5,7) with chip installed, but fails no cylinders without chip installed. Buzz Test always passes fine.

Any chance this would be considered a good core? I know I've read other posts from you all that said depending on what is actually wrong, it may still be considered a 'good' core since you go through them anyway. I also have seen that modded cores aren't typically accepted, but since this was modded by Bean's and not Joe Blow with a soldering iron, could this be an exception?

Tom S

Reaction score
I was also thinking that at one time you accepted cores in as part payment or something.

golfer

Reaction score
in a case like this...and if you could be without the IDM for a week +/-...

I would simply send it in with a note & your contact information...and we'll scope it out...and advise you one way or another

we pretty much say that if the IDM will perform a buzz test (actually buzz all 8)...then it is considered "good"...

but when they are DIY'd, modded, etc...we would have to do a case by case basis evaluation...

BBottoms

Reaction score
Sounds good, likely be sending an IDM in next week sometime.

Also, will you all still do the mod for 'free' in exchange for an additional good IDM core? I'm probably going to end up with a stock IDM to run while I send off mine, and also to make sure that the IDM is the problem before pay to have it re-modded.

As per this thread, post #24: http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18464

BBottoms

Reaction score
Haha, I don't have it yet, still looking for one. Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll have it all fixed and I'll let you know if I've got an extra one after its all said and done.

Tom S

Reaction score
If I was to get this would it be best to do to an OBS IDM or a SD one? I have a few IDMs here. Reliability is key.

Tom S

Reaction score
I think there is a difference in how robust they are and I do think there is more too this then just a resistor.

golfer

Reaction score
If I was to get this would it be best to do to an OBS IDM or a SD one? I have a few IDMs here. Reliability is key.

The least desirable are the early ones...the model 100A

regular model 100s, 110s, 120's are all about the same.

golfer

Reaction score
Why are they more desireable? Which ones are the early ones?

I'm not sure you read my previous post fully...

the LEAST desirable are the model 100A...the early ones. (like pre 1995)

all the other models are about the same...regarding desirable/being robust, etc...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I'm not sure you read my previous post fully...

the LEAST desirable are the model 100A...the early ones. (like pre 1995)

all the other models are about the same...regarding desirable/being robust, etc...

Dave I meant the least desireable idm from which year psd... But thanks, now I know which ones to avoid

Latest posts

Members online