Interior cab lights just became faulty??

JCart

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Before I start yankin stuff apart thought I'd ask first.....interior lights work when activated by dash switch. Only work when I open the front passenger door and will come on when activating auto door locks with key fob. Will not come on with opening other 3 doors.... perplexed as this just started to happening. All door locks work as do e-windows. Not made time to look at any of the wires inside the door jams yet as I know these can break after a time. Your input is appreciated...

Thanx jrc

Tom S

Reaction score
I would start with the switches. If you get stuck and I forget PM and I will look over the wiring diagram for clues.

JCart

Reaction score
Thanks Guys,

Will start looking into it...as an aside had it parked for couple days in remote rural location (parents fishing camp). Fired up to leave something sounded not right for just a second like a faint noise. Day or so later at home changing out air filter and there is like a nest of insulation on right head from heater.... I'm thinkin hmm.... Then under the truck messin with my Z Guard by pass filter and yellow jackets (hornets) are swarming around....look to the front drivers wheel and low and behold. Caught in the rim is Mr. Pack rat.... It's mashed dead and has been spun round in there for several hundred miles... Rat may have messed with some wiring so shall dig about and think the weird start was rat flipping through fan belt....as light quite workin after that I think...