Hauled Heavy... And FAR.....

Ross3031

Reaction score
Crossed the scales at 33k. Only had to go from Mississippi to Ohio...

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

Ross3031

Reaction score
How much did it squat when you lifted that jack leg?

Not really anymore than in the pic, BUT it has brand new HD springs and i was running with 90lbs in the airbags. I usually just put the jacks down overnight to hold some wieght off the rearend.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Good looking load..I can't blame you for not wanting to haul more then that with a srw, im the same way with mine. I could use a dually myself. Good looking pickup btw!

neverkickn

Reaction score
Not really anymore than in the pic, BUT it has brand new HD springs and i was running with 90lbs in the airbags. I usually just put the jacks down overnight to hold some wieght off the rearend.

Ahhhh, bags.....That splains it. Just thought that load was a little far forward on the trailer not to squat the chit outta a stock sprung truck.

Ross3031

Reaction score
Ahhhh, bags.....That splains it. Just thought that load was a little far forward on the trailer not to squat the chit outta a stock sprung truck.

I actually moved the wieght around a couple times to get it just right to split it between the truck and trailer

where at in ohio?

Elyria

Charles

Reaction score
What kind of interstate speeds were you running on the flats and on the hills?

Ross3031

Reaction score
What kind of interstate speeds were you running on the flats and on the hills?

Normally i like to run about 70-75. Its got 3.73 gears and to keep it in the power and EGT's in the right place 70-75 works best. This trip i didnt go any faster than 70, was worried about blowing a tire and such.

I've posted before but my tow tunes are SPOT ON! It was live tuned by Tony while pulling 18k. On this haul i switched out of the high hp tow tune and into the lower hp one, even on up hills where it may lose a little speed and even if i have to shift out of 6th, EGT's never got above 1,300. On 2 of the largest hills i had to shift to 5th but never dropped below 58mph or so...

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I hope it paid well, sucks that it weighed so much you couldn't throw something else on the deck of the trailer. Nice and easy to tie down though! :D