modified stock turbo value

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm trying to justify an s366 upgrade with a mount kit from Jake and I'm wondering how much do you guys think my stock turbo would be worth to someone. It has maybe 10k on a rebuild, a good clean wicked wheel, turbomaster wg, ATS 1.0 turbine housing, and an ebpv deleted outlet.

Let me know what y'all think.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Im hoping to get 800 or so from it.

S366 is pretty quickly becoming the go to replacement for the 38r. It flows more, has less drive pressure and is a fairly cheap turbo. They run good with stock all the way up to 250/200s. I talked to Jake about them when he first started testing them and I was impressed with what he was saying. I was going to go with a 4202 or 4294 but now I'm just going with the s366 with stage 1s for now, possibly 250/100s later on. I think I will be very happy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dirtboy25

Reaction score
An S366 has a 93mm exd. compared to the 88mm of the 38r. It is slightly smaller than a GT4094 which has a 68mm ind. and 94mm exd.

Does that answer your question? :shrug:

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Skip the stage 1's, that's just more money and time IMO.

I've already got stage 1s home skillet...was going to go with the 250s but when I needed to order I didn't have the funds for the added flow. Plus im a PMR motor so stage 1s are safe for me. I've got some forged rods sitting in the garage though, once those go in I am wanting a 550+ build.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
I've already got stage 1s home skillet...was going to go with the 250s but when I needed to order I didn't have the funds for the added flow. Plus im a PMR motor so stage 1s are safe for me. I've got some forged rods sitting in the garage though, once those go in I am wanting a 550+ build.

Oooooh... chit, i didn't know you had ones already. :doh:

I see it in your sig now...

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Way to go LOL I'm very happy with the current performance level but I still think I would like that new turbo better then the stocker.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm sure he'll get more out of the turbo than he has in it. ;) I bet over on .org that turbo would be hot stuff and you could get a good price on it. LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Last edited:

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I'm sure he'll get more out of the turbo than he has in it. ;) I bet over on .org that turbo would be hot stuff and you could get a good price on it. LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Shut up Chris..you're supposed to talk my turbo up so I get a lot of money out of it remember! :cursing:

I guess I will post up on the org and see if I can get 8 or 9 out of it. You just really want me to get a t4 turbo so we never have to deal with v-bands again LOL

BigRed97

Reaction score
you'll love the s366 it spools damn fast...although is a little more smokey than i would like with the 250s

TARM

Reaction score
you'll love the s366 it spools damn fast...although is a little more smokey than i would like with the 250s

What size nozzles? My bet is its not the turbo its the tuning. No reason that turbo should smoke if the tuning is correct.

I do not think the S366 is quickly becoming the replacement for the 38r in any way what so ever. The reason for the 38r popularity is not performance related for one.

BigRed97

Reaction score
80% nozzles, it probably is the tunning...but i havent had a transmission hold up long enough to really test any thing or experiment with different tune...

the converter(or tcc sol.) let go on number 3, and it no longer moves... just FYI lol

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
Like others have said you'll get 4 max maybe more to some newbie on the org.

I think $400 is low - considering the mods, BUT a van turbo with exhaust adapter can be had around $500 and should flow more than 'modded' stocker. But, someone with surge issues who didn't know any better may see a bargain if they are shopping for rebuild, WW and housing to solve their problems.

Still, I bet you could put it on fleabay with a colorful and slightly exaggerated description and eventually get what ya want for it!!! :toast:

I was hoping to get $1000 for my rebuilt van turbo, ebpv-deleted pedestal, ceramic-coated Int'l bellowed up-pipes and AIS intake when I do Jake's mount and (S366???) later this year... :shrug:

Latest posts

Members online