Recon door sill rf interference

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Whenever they're on they make an annoying as hell ringing noise in my door speakers how can I fix this isn't there some kinda resistor I can wire into my speaker wire or something like that?

jdc753

Reaction score
I really am not sure if there is a simple resistor that could be put in to cure it. I know resistors can be used for noise filters such as "bass blockers" but you would want to know the frequency the noise/hum is at to select the right resistor, and then if it is in the musical range then you will loose that portion of the music as well.

I am guessing this noise is being picked up by RCA cables run under the door sills. If so it might be easier/better to re-route the RCA cables away from the sills and hopefully remove the noise the RCA's are picking up.

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
May sound strange but RF noise can be defeated by insulating with a aluminum duct wrap. Make sure the RCA cables are not running parallel with any high powered wires as this causes interference. If you must, route the RCA cables across the other wires as little as possible but don't run them parallel. This is why shielded wiring is used in in controls as AC current is detrimental to DC controls.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Don't run the wires for the interfering signals parallel and nearby your rca cables... try separating and/or crossing them perpendicular only where you have to and see what happens.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Alum tape across the bottom of passenger side recon door sill and across the RCA cables only took five mins and I've been cussin it for two years haha

Latest posts

Members online