My indecisiveness for exhaust setups

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Has got me again. My first setup was dual 5" miters and then I switched to a single 7" miter just offset but anymore with the in cab noise and getting the inside of the bed filthy. I might be due for a change again for good this time. It also sucks not having AC and going down the highway at 75mph. I figured just a 4" exhaust with a 6" tip. Is there any difference between a 4" or 5" in noise when it's a rear exit? Opinions are appreciated:D

As much as I love the single stack it might just be time to move on from it and grow up a little. In addition it will look more professional with a regular exhaust since I use my truck for business purposes.

First setup I had.
23659_377625153524_653483524_3954078_8298057_n.jpg

What it is now.
255538_10150192960888525_653483524_7100891_3572013_n.jpg

smokedout250

Reaction score
I have 4inch with a 6inch tip sounds great. I've been in your shoes. I have had 6 inch dual stacks, 6inch single stack, 5inch in front of the tire. And now the 4 out the back... I wish I had a 7inch single right now... I will tell you that you can never replace the sound of a good stack.. I've tryed I wanna go back to a single _hrome one when I can find one cheap enuff

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
I have 4inch with a 6inch tip sounds great. I've been in your shoes. I have had 6 inch dual stacks, 6inch single stack, 5inch in front of the tire. And now the 4 out the back... I wish I had a 7inch single right now... I will tell you that you can never replace the sound of a good stack.. I've tryed I wanna go back to a single _hrome one when I can find one cheap enuff

Mine is a 7" MBRP chrome... I was thinking of 4" with a 6" tip. Wanna trade plus some cash?:D

I do love the sound but having trimmers and blowers and getting soot on them is just annoying (my mowing business). Plus im sure it looks less appealing to a potential customer with my number right beside a big pipe. It also sucks getting black stains on your ass when sitting on the tailgate.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Hmm I would but I need to keep for when I throw my canopy on on lol it gets old with the soot but I live in oregon so it rains all the time and washes it away lol

moose99psd

Reaction score
Hmm I would but I need to keep for when I throw my canopy on on lol it gets old with the soot but I live in oregon so it rains all the time and washes it away lol

move outa the valley LOL.. SUNNY CENTRAL OREGON! sorry had to throw that in there.. single 5" with a 6" tip. ive been playing back and forth about it cause i want to maybe flatbed my truck..

Matt_P

Reaction score
5" exhaust for sure, I went from 4" to dual 6" mitres to 5" exhaust on my OBS and the 5" exhaust sounded much better than the 4". And besides my fummins which came with a 4" I put a 5" on my 6.4 and 6.0, I just like the deeper tone

FORD7.3

Reaction score
I went from 5in stack to a turbo back 4in straight pipe diamond eye kit and love the way it sounds and performs, wish I would have done a dual 4in kit but I like what I have and how it sounds. Had to cut the final bend off for my tip and it gave it a nice angle and got rid of almost all in cab noise unless im trying to make some noise.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1313360613500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313360613500.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 63

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
With the way you truck is set up I would go with a five inch and a seven inch tip. That is what I have and it looks perfect. I'm trying to find a shop to custom left tail pipe for mine.

WeBeStrokin

Reaction score
I have the 4" Diamond Eye Stainless system with just a 5" tip and I just straight piped it and now it sounds a little better but I love the system completely, would recommend it to anyone with an OBS.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Has got me again. My first setup was dual 5" miters and then I switched to a single 7" miter just offset but anymore with the in cab noise and getting the inside of the bed filthy. I might be due for a change again for good this time. It also sucks not having AC and going down the highway at 75mph. I figured just a 4" exhaust with a 6" tip. Is there any difference between a 4" or 5" in noise when it's a rear exit? Opinions are appreciated:D

As much as I love the single stack it might just be time to move on from it and grow up a little. In addition it will look more professional with a regular exhaust since I use my truck for business purposes.

YES, It is time to grow up and loose the stack.
Either a 4 or 5" with a 1" larger tip than the exhaust.

I personally would NOT put an MBRP exhaust on my truck again even if it was FREE. I HATE IT. FITS like CHIT. I had to cut and weld a hanger, the Tailpipe still hits my STOCK leaf spring(and yes, it is in the right position). And the DP hits the firewall AND the floor(not the pinch weld, I took care of that before I put the exhaust on).I am trying to find a Grand Rock DP to replace this POS.

As for What muffler, that is entirely up to you. I run all straight pipe an I like it. Quiet enough but can be loud when you want it to be

Spray7.3

Reaction score
Sucks for you Brad, my MBRP fit flawlessly... I can't say I've ever heard any bad remarks on an mbrp system.. Until now.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Sucks for you Brad, my MBRP fit flawlessly... I can't say I've ever heard any bad remarks on an mbrp system.. Until now.

Same here. I've had 3 mbrp systems personally and have 4 buddys that have them too and all of them have fit perfectly and sound good.

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Haven't been looking real hard for the full exhaust but I was mainly looking for diamond eye. That's what my DP is and I didnt have any trouble with it.

It will be straight piped for sure. I just have never ridden in a 7.3 that didn't have a stack on it so I have no idea what it will sound like or how much drone is in the cab if any on the highway.

Anybody want a 7" MBRP stack?:D

Members online

No members online now.