ABS sensor in rear diff

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
Has anyone changed this sensor and put the newer one in and had problems with the speedo? I installed a new one because I decided to fill my diff from there because I did not see the fill plug. I broke it taking it out and now with the new one my speedometer jumps from zero to fifteen when I take off and bounces while driving at a steady speed.
Any ideas?
Thanx Cody

Tom S

Reaction score
I sure would suspect a bad sensor being as all you did was change that and instant problems. Where did you get the sensor from. I would be curious to see how your trucks runs someday with the setup that you have now. I also sent you a PM.

zilla68

Reaction score
I sure hope you didn't fill the rear up to that level.

have you taken it back out to see if there is anything on it? to make sure its all clean still?

old man dave

Reaction score
Some have reported problems when using the newer plastic VSS sensor. Its iffy. I used the plastic VSS with no problems. You can either try another new sensor or go to the wrecking yard and get a used metal one.

pjwoolw

Reaction score
You might want to pull the sensor and make sure the surface where it seats is clean and free of rust. Just might be your problem. If you still have the old sensor you may want to re-use it.

Latest posts

Members online