oil leak

P97S

Reaction score
I'm not real sure of this oil leak it seems to be coming from hpop or pump , i look in behind hpop and the fuel bowl and i did see some oil there could this be the problem ..
There is a small amount of oil no bigger than silver dollar on the ground. :shrug:

Thank you for your time ..
W.J.Martin

91turbogsx

Reaction score
First off...your post is in the wrong section.

Secondly...to answer your question yes that could be your problem. But you'll need to pinpoint where exactly it's coming from since there are about 15 different spots it could be leaking from in the valley.

Tom S

Reaction score
I like your avatar. I would start out be cleaning out the valley real good with a degreaser and some hot water so you can get an idea of where it gets damp first. If you can isolate the gereral area then we can help you from there.

P97S

Reaction score
Sorry for the placement of the thread, 1997 f-250 4x4 256.332 miles , the 2 days was really the time i have had a chance to drive it. i put 2 injectors in and replaced seal and bearings the front end . flush and fill radiator, change the oil and filter. So it never leaked till yesterday.. from behind the pump a little puddle then it runs down onto the ground not very much .. (but yes to answer your question i did follow the oil ) So would this be a good time to update that pump.. Thank you for your time ....