SD Electric Fuel Pump Question

Tom S

Reaction score
With big injectors

Once nice thing about the Motorcraft pumps is they come with the mounting assembly short harness that I located a the maching plug for.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
How big of injectors? Will 1 pump still work for stage 1's?

I am going to go get a SD pump off a wrecked truck this week and start collecting my parts for the conversion. I ordered the pre-filter and base and the post filter and base tonight from Fleet Filter. I also got a banjo block off eBay so I can retain my factory lines going into the heads with the factory banjo bolt that goes into the mechanical fuel pump.

Will the regulator need to be set at 60 PSI or 75 PSI?

Tom S

Reaction score
65 would be a good starting point. I cannot answer your question on size injectors that will work with one SD pump. Post up this block you are using for the fuel lines, I am curious to see it.

Arisley

Reaction score
Compression fittings from Home Depot work well. A tubing bender from Harbor Freight is cheap.

http://www.harborfreight.com/tubing-bender-3755.html

image_489.jpg

Tom S

Reaction score
That is a good link for the guys that do not want to have to fab those lines. A couple of holes for mounting or a port for a pressure gauge would have been cool.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
That is a good link for the guys that do not want to have to fab those lines. A couple of holes for mounting or a port for a pressure gauge would have been cool.

Yea that would make it even better.
I wonder if you could drill and tap that for 1/8" NPT to put in a gauge without any problems.

I was going to put a Tee fitting between the block and the hose fitting to put in a pressure switch to light the dash light.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I have been looking for a fuel pressure switch to put up in that region to trigger the lights.

You don't happen to know the part number of the one you used do you Tom?

What size is the fitting on the end of the factory return line as well?

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
Sorry I get asked the question all the time and I just do not have the answer. I can tell I used an adjustable hobbs switch is all. I just adjusted it to get the pressure I wanted.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Sorry I get asked the question all the time and I just do not have the answer. I can tell I used an adjustable hobbs switch is all. I just adjusted it to get the pressure I wanted.
I figured you do.

Do you happen to know what thread size the fittings are on the factory return lines? I need to get an adapter to run into the Aeromotive regulator.

dave186

Reaction score
I kinda like that block idea. didnt someone use some fittings from parker to do pretty much the same thing?

Tom S

Reaction score
It was TimC63 that did it with the parker fittings

If you look around the web there is a conversion chart to match wrench size to fitting size. If you cannot get to them on your rig I will check on mine.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
It was TimC63 that did it with the parker fittings

If you look around the web there is a conversion chart to match wrench size to fitting size. If you cannot get to them on your rig I will check on mine.
I will look around.

It's no big deal. I just thought you might remember off the top of your head.

I was thinking I read somewhere that they were 1/8" NPT Female fittings.

Do you think it would hurt anything if I didn't run a fuel heater?

Tom S

Reaction score
I think they are -4 AN if you want to retain the factory return hoses but not sure.

Latest posts

Members online