CCLB OBS Cummins swap

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Going to be helping my buddy out on a new project of his and wouldn't mind some advice and guidance. Probably will be using a 12v in it or a p-pump 24v. Whatever he can find a good deal on, as it will be a budget build. It will also be getting 05 axles this week, since he just picked up a full 05 rolling chassis for parts. Right now we are trying to figure out what trans to use in it. Have a few e40d's that need rebuilt laying around the shop so it might just get one of those. Any suggestions, or guidance on where to get conversion parts (ones that we cannot build ourselves) would be awesome! I will post some pics soon. The truck should be getting the idi pulled next week and the 05 axles installed. Should be a cool project!

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Going to have a lot more pics of this thing coming soon... We got the cab off and the IDI and trans out and gone. Stripped the frame the other day and he took it to get powdercoated. They got all the 05 front axle stuff done and ready to be bolted/welded on when the frame gets back. Everything has been mocked up, drilled, etc and is ready to go. This isn't even my truck but I love working on it! Should have more pics soon but here is a funny one :)

photo_zps9072ff52.jpg

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Oh and forgot to mention there is a 95 12v donor truck sitting outside with a mild built 47th that will be going in this truck... Just need to yank the cab off the dodge for scrap and then pull the motor/trans out.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Frame is back from Powdercoat and motor is about ready to come out of the dodge. 05 axles are awaiting paint so we can get them under the frame and start reassembling the truck
2yruneny.jpg

juzabesy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Got a lot done today! Flush mounted the 7.3 intercooler into the idi rad support. Got the turbo mocked up and some other random bs. Waiting on parts to build all the piping now and waiting on a new rad to build brackets for that.
a5epu4ab.jpg
je4ytute.jpg
ehanytut.jpg

swinky

Reaction score
47rh is usually a solid trans with a converter and a shift kit. Looks like a lot of fun.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
47rh is usually a solid trans with a converter and a shift kit. Looks like a lot of fun.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah I hope for his sake it holds up well till he can afford a bts or something cool. All we know is the trans is fresh and supposedly upgraded. I know the truck ran and shifted great when they got it because we drove it around a bit before cutting it all up lol

Truck Guy99

Reaction score
What trans, motor mounts, t case, radiator, inter cooler, and fuel setup are you using?

Last edited:

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
What trans, motor mounts, t case, radiator, inter cooler, and fuel setup are you using?

47rh, forget the name of the motor mounts, stock dodge t case, 7.3 psd radiator from a 97, 7.3 IC from a 2000 and stock fuel setup w/ dual tanks and dodge mech lift pump for now

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Cool build going on dude. I noticed in the first couple pictures a keystone light can, at least you guys are keeping it classy!

Classy as always! My buddy's dad (who's shop this is in) drinks keystone light like its going out of style ha. This thing is gonna be really cool. I have been working on a lot of the stuff to get it driving and my buddy's dad has been working on body stuff to prep it for paint. I wish more power was in his budget but at least that can be added later down the road.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
As of now though, the cab is back on for good and bolted down, I finished fabbing the IC and rad mounts on the rad support this weekend. He got it painted so we can put that on now. Steering is almost all hooked up and brake lines are next. Waiting on parts so we can build a track bar for it and then get the custom track bar bracket done and on the frame. We are getting somewhere with it!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.