Puked...how concerned?

MINK

Reaction score
Been running on the Idp street tune all week, loaded up the extreme street for the first time (usually run street or extreme race) and the bastage puked..there wasnt many water spots but my degas bottle wasnt as clean as it was...I cleaned everything, checked the oil and loaded another tune. No leaks either. Gonna see if it pukes again I guess...My question is...how common is this? My headgaskets automaticly blown?

08 Job1
stock egr in place (turned off)
all stock besides tunes/exaust
71,000 miles
2,500 tuned miles

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Chances are its the EGR that caused the puke

Mine had been puking on stock gaskets egr in place and there were no tracks on the gaskets from coolant so i think it was the EGR, some will say gaskets but i wouldnt atribute it to that just yet.

Get blocker plates and see what that does, but i think the real problem is the heat that builds up in the coolers

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Flash boiling EGR coolers is a common cause of puking. Also, you might want to try replacing your degas bottle cap. It could be bad.

MINK

Reaction score
I've been planing on puting the plates in (actually they're sitting right here) but have read alot about to much backpressure and what not....I think I may go ahead and put them in anyways. Thanks Dustin now I'm atleast hopefull the cab doesnt need to be pulled just yet:rolleyes:

Red_93_L

Reaction score
Mine started puking a couple months ago. I went to ford and bought a new cap for $10 just to try that and it quit puking. It's worth a shot at least.

MINK

Reaction score
Cant believe you puked on exstreet.. I run it round the clock with no problems

thats the only tune that its ever happened on, ran it all weekend on xrace then towed 12k on street tune and havnt had a single issue. I think it was just a freak kinda thing.