Rob getting traction...

Kind

Reaction score
...finally! lol

Although his 60ft's were only 1.8 and one 1.7 he was getting it to launch relatively good. The 4 link wasn't set up at all but he still managed to come outta the whole fairly good.

Malcom Cross was very very kind and he gave Rob a few very good pointers for him to implement and promised his 60ft's would drastically improve. Thanks again Malcom for being such a great sportsman and I'm sure Rob is looking forward to using your input.

DSC_9969.jpg

DSC_9970.jpg
DSC_9969.jpg

Oh yeah, Rob also won Pro Street!!!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
That will be my next project. God do I want a short bed reg cab.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
I plan on hitting the strip alot when I get my drag truck finished. So I'm very uneducated when it comes to drag strip things.

What are those three pics showing us?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I plan on hitting the strip alot when I get my drag truck finished. So I'm very uneducated when it comes to drag strip things.

What are those three pics showing us?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

It shows the truck squatting and some wrinkle in the rear tire. Just means the truck is hookng up and getting out of the hole harder vs. Just spinning. Big deal for a 2wd truck.

Boostfed

Reaction score
Almost looks like it needs an anti-roll bar incorporated in that rear suspension. What is done as far as the front suspension goes? Glad to see it coming along.

Kind

Reaction score
Almost looks like it needs an anti-roll bar incorporated in that rear suspension. What is done as far as the front suspension goes? Glad to see it coming along.

DJM dream beams.

Dr Smoke

Reaction score
Times are as follows
60: 1.798
330: 4.852
1/8: [email protected]
1/4: [email protected]

The truck has way more in it

The first runs I was taking it easy because no cage and then I did not realize my nitrous fuses were blown. times were 11.65@120MPH and 12.00@120MPH
On the third run 12.3@122 we changed the fuse and it blew again at around the 100 foot mark. While the nitrous was working it popped the Exhaust manifold tube right out of the flange hence the nasty tick on the dyno. On the last run we had full spray but I could not get it to launch properly. The truck is very difficult to spool and it is way worse spooling on 7 cylinders with number 8 wide open.
I want to thank Ryan a lot for them photos they show me so much about how the truck is squating and that the tires are working. The truck has a lot of rake usually and it is squated so the 4 link and the slicks are doing there jobs.
I am sad it is not a 10 second truck yet so may be we will see some more this year but I need to pull the cab and ditch the headers they will make a nice wall mural. Also considering going back to a vgt to help spool. If anyone is interested in my headers up pipes and turbos GT35R / GT4202R ball bearing v band I would probably take 2500 for everything. The spool nice on a 4WD Coles spools awesome. May be I have to much fuel in my set up and its choking I do not know.

Klutch

Reaction score
I doubt you're choking. Ditch the headers and put on the log style manifolds. Next try a tune from Eric. Our setups aren't that different other than your extra pump. I don't see why mine spools instantly and yours doesn't.

Members online

No members online now.