LED Beat Lights

joeniel

Reaction score
I have a bunch of LED strip lights under my dash and rear seats that light up the floor blue. I was wondering how to make these lights pulse with the bass/music? Ive been looking around online and saw a bunch of videos on youtube that said to just hook it up to the pos and neg outputs for the subs on the amp, but in the comments, it seems like this has caused more problems with amps and/or LEDs being fried. Anyone know how to do this in a way that wont fry my current setup, or know where I can buy a sound sensitive 12v light controller from?

I remember a while ago when AutoZone and Advanced and all the auto parts stores used to sell neon tubes that did the same thing. Its basically that but with LEDs... Id be willing to but a setup even if it came with a light and I could cut off and use just the controller..

Thanks!

Last edited:

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
If you go to ledunderglow.com they offer a very nice kit with 4 15" led strips and a controller for under $40 I want to say. Goes along with music and they have a 7 color kit too. Same company that makes glowshift gauges makes these. Had them in a previous truck and loved them.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

lsmith33

Reaction score
i had lights under my back seat that i wired to the remote wire an negative on the amp. never had a problem out em an the would beat with the song.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
hate to sound dumb.. but did you have to run power? i would jump on a limb and say no.. im so electronically challenged its not even funny

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have a bunch of LED strip lights under my dash and rear seats that light up the floor blue. I was wondering how to make these lights pulse with the bass/music? Ive been looking around online and saw a bunch of videos on youtube that said to just hook it up to the pos and neg outputs for the subs on the amp, but in the comments, it seems like this has caused more problems with amps and/or LEDs being fried. Anyone know how to do this in a way that wont fry my current setup, or know where I can buy a sound sensitive 12v light controller from?

I remember a while ago when AutoZone and Advanced and all the auto parts stores used to sell neon tubes that did the same thing. Its basically that but with LEDs... Id be willing to but a setup even if it came with a light and I could cut off and use just the controller..

Thanks!

You just need a music interface....the hell with wiring into the amp. Idk why people do that but idc either.

Latest posts

Members online